Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching a language??

Options
  • 14-05-2009 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

I would like to return to college and become a teacher. Problem is my base degree is Commerce so I think that would limit me to teaching Business (I didn't do enough Accounting or Economics in my degree to teach them - and I don't really like them as subjects anyhow!) but I'm just wondering does anyone know of a way I could teach a language too, without completing another degree?

I got an A2 in Irish and a B1 in French both at Higher Level in my Leaving Cert and would love to go on to teach one or other of those. Is there any way of doing this without doing another degree? I would happily move to France or the Gaeltacht for a year if it was a way to do it - I just really don't want to go do another degree and then the H.Dip...

All suggestions welcome!
    Cheers.

Advertisement