Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TodayFM App for iPhone

Options
  • 14-05-2009 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Dunno if anyone else uses this app, but I just checked out the top 25 free apps for iPhone and there's a TodayFm app. It works perfectly over wifi, and so far it's fine over 3G too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

All I get when I start it up is a blank screen with a volume slider, and no sound.

Any one else having problems withit? I am on a 2.1 1st gen iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Tom: have you tried touching the green triangular play button ?
    *edit*
    Ok I have teh TodayFm logo and the green play button on mine.
    3G iPhone with the latest firmware.

tallus wrote: »
    Tom: have you tried touching the green triangular play button ?

That's the thing - there is none.

Literally, just a volume slider, nothing else. No logo, no buttons, no indication of anything, just a volume slider.

Strange.

Actually, I have the exact same problem with the Newstalk application. They must be based on the same code.

Tom Dunne wrote: »

Literally, just a volume slider, nothing else. No logo, no buttons, no indication of anything, just a volume slider.

Strange.

Actually, I have the exact same problem with the Newstalk application. They must be based on the same code.

Ack sorry to hear that Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭CivilEx

You can also get Today FM on an App called "Radio" - try http://radioforiphone.com/. It works fine on the 3G and the webpage also says it works for the original iPhone / iPod Touch (1st & 2nd Gen)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What do the Today FM / Newstalk apps do over, say, WunderRadio that streams both stations?

Any other goodies?

Dades wrote: »
    What do the Today FM / Newstalk apps do over, say, WunderRadio that streams both stations?

Any other goodies?

They are free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,027 ✭✭✭✭event

Strange.

i have the exact same issue

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

CivilEx wrote: »
    They are free :D
    LOL - point taken!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I installed the today fm app twice but failed both times with blank screen.

Installed wundarradio in the end...fantastic app :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Quick question

I am on the 2.1 1st gen iPhone

I have been using allRadio for a long time with no issues but in the last month or so it keeps dropping the stream from both Today fm and Newstalk after about 5 mins or less of use

Any connection to these new apps existing?

Should I change to Wundarradio or some other app as mentioned in other threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MercuryGirlInc

Hi,

MercuryGirl Inc here, sorry to hear you guys are having problems with the app....

A complete delete from iTunes + the iPhone, followed by re-downloading, reinstalling and restarting the phone may fix it, let me know if this works, if not send me a PM and we can go from there...Also let me know your device type and OS version.

Regards,
    MercuryGirl Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Should I change to Wundarradio or some other app as mentioned in other threads?

i use streamitall, free app and very rarely the connection drops. i can listen to newstalk, today fm, fm104, spin. maybe some others but i have not tried.

And just to add, you can input the link manual for the lower banwidth streams if they are available. I use the 32kbps newstalk stream instead of the 64kbps.

Hi,

MercuryGirl Inc here, sorry to hear you guys are having problems with the app....

A complete delete from iTunes + the iPhone, followed by re-downloading, reinstalling and restarting the phone may fix it, let me know if this works, if not send me a PM and we can go from there...Also let me know your device type and OS version.

Regards,
    MercuryGirl Inc.

No joy, I'm afraid.

I'm on a 2.1 1st Gen iPhone. Which, I have to admit, I am thinking of updating to 2.2.1 purely for the Sky+ remote record.

I am thinking of updating to 2.2.1 purely for the Sky+ remote record.

Ah yes, a fantastic app, the handiest one I've downloaded in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Hi,

Regards,
    MercuryGirl Inc.

Hey,

Both myself and my wife have the same problem as Tom. Using a 1st gen phone running version 2.1 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with Radio Apps recently?

Any App I install is cutting out and dropping streams after a few minutes
    I think I have only had one day in the last 4 weeks where I have been able to listen to the radio

I have full signal on the phone and have no problem downloading mail going online etc and I haven't changed anything on the phone?

Any ideas?

Have the original iPhone with the current software

Mine works well even when running on edge.
    I saw the guy who wrote the todayfm app has also written a 106fm talk radio app.
    Running iphone 3g with the latest firmware here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Working perfect on latest 3.0 beta!

Advertisement