Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

audi a4 s-line

Options
  • 14-05-2009 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I thinking about a a4 2005 s-line tdi. I driven normal a4's and are fine with them but I heard the s-line's have very hard suspendions on them with the 18" alloy's.
    So what's it like to live with compared to say a mark 5 GTI on 18" ( which I find fine) or similarer.
    Cheers
    frag4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I had an older sport A4 on RS4 replicas and found it fine generally but there was a definite firmness that crept in. I think an A4 sized car works far better in sporty form (so many people think an A4 is a luxury car).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I could be wrong (and perhaps -Chris- can clear this up), but I don't think the S-Line A4's had uprated suspension. The S-Line is mainly a body kit and wheels for the exterior of the car. With that option I'm pretty sure you also had to spec the sport suspension as well.

There were options for the interior S-Line pack as well, but very few in ROI specified that as it was fairly expensive. If you are looking at bringing one in from the UK it may be a totally different spec to the Irish models I was used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If your thinking of S-line, think of importing out of the UK, the S-Lines over there are generally much better kept and much better specced for the same money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Rule of thumb - if it has S-Line embossed in the seats, or if the steeringwheel is badged S-Line it'll have sports suspension.
    If it doesn't have at least one of those things then it's the exterior S-Line kit which doesn't affect the suspension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

R.O.R wrote: »
    and perhaps -Chris- can clear this up

Please, call me Chris :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I imported a 2005 2.0tdi S-line last October on 18" RS6 wheels, the suspension is pretty firm but the positives way out number the negatives. Certain speed bumps/pot holes are killer though. Once you get it out on the road there is a big difference, I had a 3 day test drive of an SE before I bought the S-line and while its a softer drive, its just nothing compared to the S-line.

The only way to really tell is to get on your knees and look at the suspension arms, they are red on a real S-line and sit 30mm lower. Mine did not have s-line on the seats or wheel although they are the same types.

S.

Advertisement