Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buyers beware iphone skam on ebay

Options
  • 13-05-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Long and the short of it is i didn't follow two of my own golden rules and ended up getting stung this week on ebay for an iphone.

I haven't bought on ebay since 2004 and went and bought an iphone 3g 16GB for £339 last thursday on ebay from a shop called go-plink. All their items have currently been removed as they are under investigation by ebay.

They had 50 bits of positive feedback and there were plenty of powersellers buying the same item as me so i thought i'd give it a shot even though my gut was telling me something wasn't right.

Anyway this popped up on their website yesterday 5 days after payment and i knew i had been had!

Its a shame. Just make sure you guys learn from my mistakes.

On the positive side i got 100% of my money back from paypal, but i'm calling it pure luck. Could have went either way.

Remember:
    1) If you cant see it and put your hands on it it might not exist.

2) If it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

On the positive side i got 100% of my money back from paypal, but i'm calling it pure luck. Could have went either way.
    Paypal are great for that. Real peace of mind.

Cheers for the heads up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

For all their hidden fees and absurd exchange rates few people will deny the fact PayPal provide a very effective safety net if any goes wrong.

Advertisement