Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resurfacing works on port to monasterevin road

Options
  • 13-05-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

anyone know if the entire length of that road is being re-surfaced or just the section that has already been done? they've done a good job of it so far.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I'd say that's all Laois Co. Co. will do. Where it stops on the Monasterevin side is the county border with Kildare. So that would be up to Kildare Co. Co. What they have done was by far the worst and badly needed to be done. Especially now that work is starting to take place on the bridge on the other road to the N7.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Friend of mine working for CIE was telling me they have started to replace a bridge around portarlington it currently has traffic lights on it he was saying. That might have something to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Are they making that bridge free flowing now ??? Used to take that road for the first 2 months before we started to take the bumpy road. They've done a great job so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

All il say is it is about time they fixed that road!!! it was dreadful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I hit a pot hole on that road around christmas and popped the front and back tyres on the passenger side... stupid bog road, bout time they sorted that out!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SJ08

My dad did the work on that road. The work is finished, the rest of the road wont be done cos of the border. I do no that a engineer got in contact with Kildare Co Co about the state of the road especially the hump back bridge. It will be a miracle if its done do!!!

Advertisement