Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home router, iptables rules lost on reboot

Options
  • 13-05-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a home router (WPN824v3) and I want to edit certain things that are not available through the web interface, specifically iptables chains.

The problem is, that when I make changes to iptables the edits are all lost on reboot.
    The entire file system is read only, except for the /tmp folder, however this is volatile and gets reset to default on reboot.

The NVRAM is persistant through a reboot/reset of course, but it can only contain text that is not executable, unless I telnet in myself change the permissions and run it.

Flashing the router with custom firmware is not out of the question but is definetly the last choice. Is there any little hiding place I might find on the router where I could make a shell script that runs on startup that remains after a reboot(power loss) ?

Advertisement