If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tannoy Arena stands/wallmounts

Options
  • 13-05-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I ordered an Onkyo-607 and Tannoy Area speakers off you guys which I'm just waiting for to come in now.

The Tannoys are turning out to be a bit of a pain in the wallet! I cant find a good price for 2pair of wallmounts and a center speaker mount. Cheapest I've seen works out about £375 delivered....for mounts!

Just wondering if you guys have any in and how much. I've just seen the center mount on the site. At this rate I'll have to try and make stands or something for them!!

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

chris_ie wrote: »
    Hey,
    I ordered an Onkyo-607 and Tannoy Area speakers off you guys which I'm just waiting for to come in now.

The Tannoys are turning out to be a bit of a pain in the wallet! I cant find a good price for 2pair of wallmounts and a center speaker mount. Cheapest I've seen works out about £375 delivered....for mounts!

Just wondering if you guys have any in and how much. I've just seen the center mount on the site. At this rate I'll have to try and make stands or something for them!!

Cheers.

Chris,

Thanks for the postie!

We are getting a few more 607's early next week (at last!)

The Arenas are a pain in the ass to get stands and mounts for - agreed, unfortunately Tannoy charge us wads for these - the best price I can do for the satellite stands per pair is £124.95 and £69.95 for the centre bracket so about £320 for the total system??

Those prices are delivered of course!

I know its expensive - but they are expensively made - the alternative is to wait until they discontinue the Arenas and see if there is a cheap flog off - Possible but risky!!!

What do you think?

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

johnmc wrote: »
    Chris,

Thanks for the postie!

We are getting a few more 607's early next week (at last!)

The Arenas are a pain in the ass to get stands and mounts for - agreed, unfortunately Tannoy charge us wads for these - the best price I can do for the satellite stands per pair is £124.95 and £69.95 for the centre bracket so about £320 for the total system??

Those prices are delivered of course!

I know its expensive - but they are expensively made - the alternative is to wait until they discontinue the Arenas and see if there is a cheap flog off - Possible but risky!!!

What do you think?

ATB,

John Mc

Hard to take knowing the mounts are gonna cost nearly as much as the receiver! I was tempted to see if I could mod the stands I have to seat the satellites but while I might be able to do it, it wouldn't be ideal..

Currently renting a house so cant really drill holes in the wall for the mounts but dont want to go as far as buying the floor stands as we're looking for a house at the moment and when we get one they'll be goin up on the wall.

We have space where we can set the speakers now on a flat surface using the mounts as a table stand, doubt it would be too good without the mounts and the speaker just lying there!

Would bring my total cost to bout £1200! Started out as a small purchase of a receiver! :p

PS - Have you heard the Tannoys yourself john?

Also do the grilles come with the mounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Ouch, could have got floorstanders or nice bookshelfs for that money.

Cheers moolers that made me feel better! :(

Girlfriend doesnt like the floor standers (although I might get a pair at some stage in the future) and we wanted satellites for when we get our own house. The reviews I read on the tannoys were promising.

Was not meant as a dig. I just think that these super small sats can't hold a candle to even a half decent bookshelf.
    The Tannoys wouldn't be my choice but hope you get something sorted with the stands.
    £1200 still makes me cringe though. :)

• Advertisement

Was not meant as a dig. I just think that these super small sats can't hold a candle to even a half decent bookshelf.
    The Tannoys wouldn't be my choice but hope you get something sorted with the stands.
    £1200 still makes me cringe though. :)

No problem. Yeah I've seen other speakers since but I think its bit late to back out now as the guys are getting or already have them in for me from the uk store.

The total includes :
    Onkyo-607 : £399.95 (got order in when they were at this price)
    Tannoy Arenas : £399.95
    Cable : £100 (not picked yet but reserving this much in my budget)
    Mounts : £320 (!!)

No problem. Yeah I've seen other speakers since but I think its bit late to back out now as the guys are getting or already have them in for me from the uk store.

The total includes :
    Onkyo-607 : £399.95 (got order in when they were at this price)
    Tannoy Arenas : £399.95
    Cable : £100 (not picked yet but reserving this much in my budget)
    Mounts : £320 (!!)

Good price until you add the stands, are the grills included? Did you consider the MA*Radius HD range, I think they come with wall mounts included. Not sure how they compare to the arenas sound quality wise though. They look nice too.

Good price until you add the stands, are the grills included? Did you consider the MA*Radius HD range, I think they come with wall mounts included. Not sure how they compare to the arenas sound quality wise though. They look nice too.

Grilles arent included no. Was asking john in an above post. Seen on another site that the grilles came boxed with the mounts. Not sure if thats the case in all mounts though. John mailed me before about the MA range they had just got in. I didnt really know much about them and at that stage I had my mind made up on the tannoys, its my first proper venture into a proper surround system. Its replacing a Sony DAV-DZ260!

Good luck with them, I'm sure you'll be happy with them esp when coming from what you owned previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

I got the tannoy's off john on Monday - Thanks John

Grilles are in the box

• Advertisement

I got the tannoy's off john on Monday - Thanks John

Grilles are in the box

You probably got a different package though, was yours £399.95 also?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

You probably got a different package though, was yours £399.95 also?

yeah same ones.

was very surprised and very happy. Great speakers,

just a heads up you need an rca splitter to connect the sub if you only have 1 cable from the amp. Works with the 1 cable but has connections for the two.

Ok, where do I start!

Mollers here is some info you were looking for - I should also have stock info for you next week (provisionally) http://whathifi.com/News/EXCLUSIVE-NEWS-Yamahas-entire-2009-model-range-revealed/

Ok Tannoy stands/Brackets - Guys I agree they are really expensive - at least we were able to beat your cheapest price by over £55! but the Arena brackets are crazy money in relation to the discounted price of the Packs - at the original £1000-£1200 price point the stands did not appear so expensive (crazy that!).

I'm not trying to push you away from the arena - but the Monitor Audio Radius HD range cones with the brackets and I really think that this is the way forward - however it's a new model and it is still £799 for the system (R90HD/R180HD/R370HD) you could have a look for after market brackets to see if you could get something to suit the Tannoys - however they are pretty heavy little beasts and I'm not sure that you will find anything suitable.

Finally on the Grilles - the version of the Arena we scooped is not supossed to have the grilles - but we have reports of some including grilles and some without grilles - we cannot guarantee that they will have grilles which is why we advertise them grilleless!

Hope that clear up some issues - keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

yeah same ones.

was very surprised and very happy. Great speakers,

just a heads up you need an rca splitter to connect the sub if you only have 1 cable from the amp. Works with the 1 cable but has connections for the two.

One sub connection into the TS sub is fine guys - it's only a mono beastie anyway!

ATB,

John Mc

Ok, where do I start!

Mollers here is some info you were looking for - I should also have stock info for you next week (provisionally) http://whathifi.com/News/EXCLUSIVE-NEWS-Yamahas-entire-2009-model-range-revealed/

Ok Tannoy stands/Brackets - Guys I agree they are really expensive - at least we were able to beat your cheapest price by over £55! but the Arena brackets are crazy money in relation to the discounted price of the Packs - at the original £1000-£1200 price point the stands did not appear so expensive (crazy that!).

I'm not trying to push you away from the arena - but the Monitor Audio Radius HD range cones with the brackets and I really think that this is the way forward - however it's a new model and it is still £799 for the system (R90HD/R180HD/R370HD) you could have a look for after market brackets to see if you could get something to suit the Tannoys - however they are pretty heavy little beasts and I'm not sure that you will find anything suitable.

Finally on the Grilles - the version of the Arena we scooped is not supossed to have the grilles - but we have reports of some including grilles and some without grilles - we cannot guarantee that they will have grilles which is why we advertise them grilleless!

Hope that clear up some issues - keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Yeah thanks for the price on the mounts, its is the best I've seen. As I've said I've already ordered the Tannoys in and you guys were getting them sent over from the UK to Belfast so wouldnt be right changing my mind at this stage. Would the MA series have offered better sound or will the arenas be similar?

Quiet in here today!!

Chris - no issue cancelling the arenas if you dont want them - we will sell them again no problem!

The Arenas are an excellent system and at £399 they are a steal - it's (as you have found out) the price of the stands that screw up everything and that pushes the price up into serious MA Radius 90 territory - my advice would be - if you can get away without the brackets/stands - then stick with the arenas - if you need the brackets then the MA's will significantly sound better and cost pretty much the same!

Sorry - that answer sounds like a cop-out but it really is a balance between value and Audio quality!

ATB,

John Mc

Chris - no issue cancelling the arenas if you dont want them - we will sell them again no problem!

The Arenas are an excellent system and at £399 they are a steal - it's (as you have found out) the price of the stands that screw up everything and that pushes the price up into serious MA Radius 90 territory - my advice would be - if you can get away without the brackets/stands - then stick with the arenas - if you need the brackets then the MA's will significantly sound better and cost pretty much the same!

Sorry - that answer sounds like a cop-out but it really is a balance between value and Audio quality!

ATB,

John Mc

Cheers for the info John, nearly afraid to ask......but how much are the black setup of the MA's? If theres a difference in the price for each colour could you give me a price for each? We only settled on silver for the tannoys as that was the only colour you guys had, we'd prefer black!

And to clarify it's 4 x R90HDs, 1 x R180HD, and 1 x R370HD for £799?

Also I assume when you said there would be a significant difference in sound quality, this would be achieved through the 607. (Not requiring some higher power recevier to notice the difference)?

Thanks again!

<Snip>

@Moolers2000,

Please read the Sticky (which says "Read this before Posting" ) at the top of the forum about commercial references. This forum is for interraction with Richersounds, not a general discussion forum. I understand that you're attempting to be helpful, but it's up to Richersounds to respond to Boardsies querys here, and it's completely inappropriate to be linking to goods from competing suppliers. Afaik, Richersounds do not supply the items you mentioned. If you have any queries about this, please feel free to PM me, do not use this thread to initiate a discussion about it.

Thanks,

Ritz.

No apology necessary moolers, cheers for the input! Looks like I'm switching to the MA's anyway. What you reckon on his point john? Is that deal only for the parts you included or could you couple it with another system.

moolers, from the reviews I've read the R370 is a pretty good sub.

• Advertisement

Actually the reviews for the sub you mention too are pretty sweet!

Seen on another forum people were saying that a BK sub will always beat an equally priced MA sub. Fair enough thats his opinion but others seemed to lean the same way..

<Snip>

Ok john if you could answer my questions in the above posts and let me know if you guys could order the BK amp in and at what cost etc.. then I think we might be in business!

Cheers.

Ok john if you could answer my questions in the above posts and let me know if you guys could order the BK amp in and at what cost etc.. then I think we might be in business!

Cheers.

Chris & Mollers,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - we don't stock the BK range of subs - I understand that they only sell direct!

Sorry but I can't help you on this one!

ATB,

John mc

Why the snip?

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Why the snip?

@Moolers2000,

Please see my comment on your post No. 20 above on this thread, repeated here.

Please read the Sticky (which says "Read this before Posting" ) at the top of the forum about commercial references. This forum is for interraction with Richersounds, not a general discussion forum. I understand that you're attempting to be helpful, but it's up to Richersounds to respond to Boardsies querys here, and it's completely inappropriate to be linking to goods from competing suppliers. Afaik, Richersounds do not supply the items you mentioned. If you have any queries about this, please feel free to PM me, do not use this thread to initiate a discussion about it.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Cheers for the info John, nearly afraid to ask......but how much are the black setup of the MA's? If theres a difference in the price for each colour could you give me a price for each? We only settled on silver for the tannoys as that was the only colour you guys had, we'd prefer black!

Also I assume when you said there would be a significant difference in sound quality, this would be achieved through the 607. (Not requiring some higher power recevier to notice the difference)?

Thanks again!

What about my other questions john? :)

Thanks again!

Chris,

Ok sharpest pencil -

R90HD * 4
    R180HD * 1
    R370HD * 1
    Including shipping & 4 brackets for the R90's (the R180 has a simple screw type fixing) - in Piano lacquer black:

£779.95.

The quality issue is of course subjective - however the 607 will have no issue at all driving the R90 package and will sound pretty amazing!

Thanks again and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

<snip>

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.