Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rening an apartment query

Options
  • 13-05-2009 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

i have reworded this to meet with boards rules.

i am moving into an appartment in july with two friends in county wicklow. we will each pay 400 per month. if am not able to pay her at all for this month and stall her over and over again. what would happen if she threatened me with court action.

its just si i know incase it ever happened

cliff notes on me:
    im 20
    im from northern ireland
    i have a registered uk passport
    i have no valuables or assets to my name what so ever

personally i dont think the landlord could do much. could the girl from the estate agents phone my dad? she could get his number through my pps number (national insurance number) and what if he told her im 20 and its my problem. she can do nothing right? would i just have to pay her eventually.

so do you guys know what she can do? could she throw us out and still demand the money. what if the other two guys have had their rent in on time every month and it waas just me. could i face jail time?

thanks for your replys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Am I reading that correctly. You can't pay your rent for this month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bounceball

ok if i wasent able to pay it for one of the months during my stay;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Hypthetically then would you be paying double the next month or would you just be late with your rent?

no. what would happen if she threatened court action and i didnt pay it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bounceball wrote: »
    no. what would happen if she threatened court action and i didnt pay it

Hypothetically if it went to court, you would be landed with all the costs associated with the action- and depending on your means to pay- a schedule of deductions from your salary/dole (whatever income you have) which could last for weeks, months or even years.

Further you would have a legal judgement registered against you- which could effect you in the future.

Its really not worth the hassle all for the sake of a months rent. Can you not borrow it from a family member- or extend your overdraft?

• Advertisement

im not going to say how i make money but i dont get taxed on it and im not on the dole. i dont do anything illegal but i just dont want to say

bassically i just want to make sure i cant go to jail over somthing as small as this and that also the debt couldnt be passed on to my family etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I am unhappy to allow a thread in accommodation and property from someone seeking the implications of not paying rent- prior to renting a property. There are plenty of unfortunate people out there unable to pay their rent- without having a thread here from someone planning on renting somewhere with a strong possibility of being unable to pay the rent come what may.

I have corresponded with the OP by PM, and the ban stands.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement