Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Options

Options
  • 13-05-2009 11:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Just noticed new OPTIONS on google search results. In addition to time-based searches (very useful) there is also an option of search results with more text or with images.

Interesting thing is that the search with images produces a different set of results that the original set of results, but the 'more text' option keeps the original set of results just adding more text.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Just saw this myself too. Nice wee feature which includes a YouTube related search and also a forum type search.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

I wonder how often this option is being used. Websites not need to create video content whereas before it was just an option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

I think the key issue here is not video, but how and why google gives different search rankings when displaying search results with images. After all the best use for such a search is to find a site you previously saw and are likely to remember visually.

One might expect the same search results WITH illustrations (after all the term google uses is 'Standard Results' - images from the page).

So, throw all the SEO theory out the window and start again!

Advertisement