Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best "Free" C64 Game of All Time

Options
  • 13-05-2009 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

What you reckon, what was the best free (full) C64 game that came bundled with a Mag back in the day?

My choice would be a game called Microdot. For anyone who hasnt played it, please do.

microdot_02.gif

Basically, you control your mirodot (ball), through the different screens, collecting power cells. Sounds stupid, yes, trully addictive, oh yes:D:D

Another excellent feature for a free game is that it came with a level editor, which you could create your own levels, trully amazing.

In my top 5 C64 games of all time!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

I got agame with Commodore Force (god im old!!) called guadel canal.Played it for days until my eyes watered from the crap graphics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Had a neighbor that worked in easons years ago and used to get us the tapes of the mags they were throwin out , we had a game called Oink! , i had a few different types of gams in it but the on we were obbsesed with was a pong type game where you hit the ball off blocks to break em , there was something like 100 levels it was crazy adictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

Cool, keep them coming:pac:

Was this the game that you were talking about demanufactured?

1118-1.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D3109
    Star Ace , An unreleased 3d vector racing game that was on , I think, a Zzapp64 cover tape.Better than a good chunk of released racing games on the c64 .

Advertisement