Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New niteclub in Fergies..

Options
  • 13-05-2009 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

hey all! I have heard there is a new niteclub after opening in fergies..Juice its called i think.

I was just wondering has anyone been there and what its like? I haven't been there..so curious to know what people think! Hopefully its a good change from the norm in tullamore!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

New niteclubs are gonna pop open all around the place in the next few years. Very few will stand the tests of time. Reallistically Tullamore can't sustain more than one large niteclub. And thats 'The Bridge House'. Its well established has its regulars and draws a large crowd most weekends.

There wil be other clubs but they will be fads and won't last more than two years imo. Disco bars like the Wolftrap, De Bruins, or Loughrey's might sustain a crowd but a dedicated niteclub won't.

Of all of these Fergies is a bar that attracts a crowd due to their live music, it remains to be seen if that crowd will transfer over to a niteclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

You mean to tell me the bridge is the best all Tullamore has to offer its not saying much.it may be grand for the likes of the 18-23year olds. But for anyone older your at a loss hitting the bridge!!

offaly1 wrote: »
    You mean to tell me the bridge is the best all Tullamore has to offer its not saying much.it may be grand for the likes of the 18-23year olds. But for anyone older your at a loss hitting the bridge!!
    No what I'm saying is that The Bridge House is the only one established enough to maintain opening during such a time as these. We will see many clubs come and go but none will hang around and the Bridge will be the only constant through it all. Having a regular influx of 18-23 year olds is good for profits. How many people 25+ go out and spend over a ton-fifty on a night out. Kids with money is an extremely lucrative and self replensihing market and for the foreseeable future the Bridge house has that sewn up.

Best of luck to Fergies though, I know myself next time I'm in Tullamore I'll be paying it a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Is the Harriers niteclub still open?

Where is Fergies? Tullamore?

I havent been to Offaly in ages. Just like to keep in touch.

I'm not 100% sure about the Harriers. Its a bit below my age group.

Fergies is what used to be called Characters in Market square.

• Advertisement

Oh yep the harriers is still open from what i hear!
    Fergies is characters or the shambles in a former life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yea Harriers is still going but seriously if ur 17+ it's simply sad going Harriers..thats coming from a 15 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

offaly1 wrote: »

If only No.1 hadn't closed down. it was fantastic. It was great for bands and well a decent night out. somewhere else in town needs to start getting the calibre of bands that no.1s had. that place is sorely missed.

tullie wrote: »
    If only No.1 hadn't closed down. it was fantastic. It was great for bands and well a decent night out. somewhere else in town needs to start getting the calibre of bands that no.1s had. that place is sorely missed.

full agree with you there Tullie... I miss Number 1 something shocking! God many a great night was had there....awwwww ............. the memories!!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

Don't know how true it is, but I heard they closed #1 because the cops were leaning on them and they were afraid they'd loose their license.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

shnaek wrote: »
    Don't know how true it is, but I heard they closed #1 because the cops were leaning on them and they were afraid they'd loose their license.

Incorrect statement they were not afraid to lose license.

Advertisement