Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLU-RAY DISC (PC)

Options
  • 13-05-2009 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I recently bought a blu-ray dvd to play on my pc which has an LG HD-DVD/BLU-RAY multi-drive and a 40" samsung tv as the monitor using a HDMI cable. When I put the disc into the drive it did not autoplay as i expected it would and when I went into my computer to open it the drive icon had not changed from the empty dvd drive icon. Windows shows that the capacity of the disc is 0 bytes and I cannot even see any files in the dvd drive when I click into it.

I read that VLC can play the blu-ray discs .m2ts files if you can select them manually but it does not see any files on the disc. is this normal for a blu-ray?

when DVD's came out a lot of them came WITH dvd playing software like Interactual player etc!!! why not blu-ray dvd's as well :confused:

ANY SOLUTIONS???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,155 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you have proper drivers for the drive?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You need Blu Ray playback software such as PowerDVD or WinDVD HD versions, if the drive was OEM it may not have come with the required software so you may need to purchase such software, try downloading a trial of powerdvd or windvd and see if it sorts it

Nick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Note: if downloading Power DVD Trial- you need to download the 'Ultimate' trial- to get the trial version that supports Bluray.....

S.

Advertisement