Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RENT

Options
  • 12-05-2009 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. i sent in my rent payments from last year I forgot to claim. I put in the amount and it said I was due 400 euro back. However, I got the new updated tax credits etc and p21 from last year but its not giving me the money back.

in the p21 it says panel 3 deductions flat rate exp (€97) and health costs last year (€795) but no rent off 400. is there a minumum amount u have to enter to get the 400 back? please help

I got no money back for either rent or health exp.

I did get money back for 2006 and 2007 claims while i done this.. would they have just included them in the same year ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

It's a credit against PAYE paid- did you pay enough PAYE to trigger a refund?

There's a number on the top of the P21 to ring if you want to ask them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

i must ring them but i just thought with claiming back over 1300 i would have been entitled to something

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

blahblah06 wrote: »
    i must ring them but i just thought with claiming back over 1300 i would have been entitled to something

You must have paid tax last year to entitle you to tax relief.

Advertisement