Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mumps

Options
  • 12-05-2009 5:14pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how widespread this is.

Have there been/are there recent cases of mumps among the students in your school? 9 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Actually I meant to vote yes, just remembered we had one about a month back.... the last one before that was me three years ago :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We've a large number of kids out, particularly from the LC classes, but across the school. They're getting jabbed on Monday.

I'm not clear though, does it mean all the kids that caught mumps didn't get the MMR/whatever vaccination was available where they were, or are they catching mumps despite having been vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

ya our crowd are getting it on tuesday.

i don't know what the story is, it's not very clear, i'd have thought that the uptake of vaccinations for children would have been quite high, but perhaps not. Or maybe it's a strain of mumps that is not prevented by the MMR. I couldn't get the mumps vaccination as a child just the other two, and it caught up with me eventually.

Advertisement