Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike restriction

Options
  • 12-05-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I was wondering could i get, say a cbr 600, yzf 600 or say a bandit 600 restricted to 11kw? Or is it just as low as 25kw? I'm 17 so limited to 11kw as you know, or will i wait until i'm 18 to be able to ride up to a 25kw bike?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

normally just restrict em to 33bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

seanybiker wrote: »
    normally just restrict em to 33bhp.

+1

33bhp = 25kw.

Get something small untill you get to 18.
    How long till your 18th birthday?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 darraghm92

P.C. wrote: »
    +1

33bhp = 25kw.

Get something small untill you get to 18.
    How long till your 18th birthday?

9 months...

Have you done any research as to how much it will cost - bike, insurance, gear, etc?

What do you want to use the bike for?

Maybe looking for an affordable small bike to start on, something that is 'cheap' on insurance.
    Then when you get to 18, do your full A licence, and after you have one years NCB, you could look at getting a bike with up to 25kw.
    That will give you a year to save for a bigger bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 darraghm92

P.C. wrote: »
    Have you done any research as to how much it will cost - bike, insurance, gear, etc?

What do you want to use the bike for?

Maybe looking for an affordable small bike to start on, something that is 'cheap' on insurance.
    Then when you get to 18, do your full A licence, and after you have one years NCB, you could look at getting a bike with up to 25kw.
    That will give you a year to save for a bigger bike.

Yeah, but not the insurance. I'm going to spend up to 2000 for a second hand cbr 125 and I'd spend up to 600/700 on gear, cause i know it's important.

I'm just going to use it going to work, school, down to my friends. Nothing too far of a spin like.

Thanks for the advice, i might keep it in mind cause it makes sense. ;)

• Advertisement

A CBR 125 will get you around fine.

Yes, you might get board with it if you are looking for a bit of preformance, but for getting around and getting a years NCB, you can't really go wrong.

Just remember to do your test on a bigger bike.
    There are loads of bike training schools that have 250 bikes you could use for your test.

Let us know how you get allong.

Advertisement