Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24, Day 7, Hour 22 [5A.M. - 6A.M.] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 12-05-2009 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Innocent lives remain in the line of fire as this terrifying day draws to a close. Jack is faced with an unthinkable situation while his perpetually imperiled daughter, Kim, gets involved. Meanwhile, the imminent threat stokes the heated rivalry between Chloe and Janis.

Well that whole cannister thing was a major anti climax. The whole ending seemed very rushed and as soon as it finished the whole Kim scenario was very predictable, right down to the dodgy couple in the airport. The Muslim was always going to survive anyway after the 'apology' attempts of the previous episode.

Good to see Aaron doing his bit to catch out Olivia. Her uppence will hopefully come.

Overall it was decent but quite underwhelming. Next week's double bill had better be spectacular.

How would you rate Hour 22? 27 votes

0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    22% 6 votes
    44% 12 votes
    11% 3 votes
    18% 5 votes
    0% 0 votes
    3% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Next week is a double episode including the finale :eek:??
    Excellent :D.

As for this episode - Kim's back to doing what she does best. Can she not even wait to catch a delayed flight without causing mayhem and disaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I said a few weeks back in one of the episode topics that the last 5 episodes were written after the strike and the writers had plenty of time to get it right. 3 episodes in and I'm disappointed.

Kim in trouble again is so predictable and boring.

So we have Kim basically kidknapped again, and Jack has to free Tony from the FBI. Repeated storylines :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

y'know jack's offed people for being less of a pain in the ass than kim is proving to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Chloe wars I love it :)

Middle of the ep good so far

Good god just kill kim already really hate her character

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good episode. Almost expected some cougars to come bounding through the airport..... :)

Next week will be great - how the hell is Jack going to get out of this one?
    Rogue again, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good to see Aaron doing his bit to catch out Olivia. Her uppence will hopefully come.

Oh yeah, good old Aaron never disappoints. He's always on the ball, and just when I thought he was falling for Olivia's tears.
    DeepBlue wrote: »
    As for this episode - Kim's back to doing what she does best. Can she not even wait to catch a delayed flight without causing mayhem and disaster?

Or keep a phone charged for one day? It's predictable and lazy, and been done to death at this stage.

Liked the Chloe wars, and Janice looking for an apology from our favorite scowler. Liked the way Renee let Jack do whatever he wanted to Tony's guy, withholding the morphine and such. She's become even more Jacktastic since Larry died.

Bit of a rushed and anti-climactic end to the canister, though at least this isn't actually the end of the season yet, I just hope they can make the Kimnapping story worth it.

It better be good, damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

Well done Kim you silly little bitch, I thought for a while she was going to end up on the train that the canister was on.
    It was obvious she was going to be involved at the end. Like the others I am disappointed that they are repeating storylines again. As Unearthly said you'd think they would have been able to come up with something more original considering all the time they had off to write because of the strike.
    Renee and Jack will have a Mexican stand-off over Tony I'll bet. I think they should kill Tony off, don't see the point of having him there next season.
    I though the finale with the canister was good though, I actually timed it from the moment Jibraan saw the timer saying 1 minute 20 seconds left.
    The canister exploded exactly that time later.
    They still haven't resolved Jack's exposure to the bio agent, I suppose Kim will have the op or whatever it is to save him but they won't tell us if it works and leave it hanging. That's kind of breaking the 24 rule though because at the end of each season there's always suppose to be a pay-off for the audience.
    We know he's not going to die anyway FFS. Jack Bauer can't be killed!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Gee, the ever so predictable Kim story line really ruined it for me.

Jack should have just said - "Fine... kill her" better for all of us.

I loved the background poster in the subway when Jabraan asked for help - "Save the world". Nice little touch :D

Love to see Aaron going after Olivia (lets not hope he is trying to cover up)...

Still no idea how they want to end the series - without a stupid cliffhanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

I'm actually a bit frustrated, as much as I love 24, I cant believe theyre doing this again.

Lets go back to last season, when Jack had secured the Nukes and everything was hunky dory, who else but Mr Chang calls, he has Audrey and Jack must get him some sort of gadget, or Audrey dies. And the season after, theyre more or less doing the same thing! This time Jack has to let Tony free, or Kim dies!

Bravo.

I hope to god that these last 2 episodes are the best ever, if not, I think there is gonna be a lot of unhappy bunnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'm gonna for against the grain here a little and say that I actually thought that was the best episode in a month at least.

Geared up nicely for the finale. And yes, it was predictable rehashed storylines, but that's what 24 is all about. They have to throw a cog in the works at 5 minutes to every hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

A phone running out of battery (I thought they all got something like 30+ hours of talk time, given all the times Jack uses his...) and someone going to the toilet (what? Bathroom breaks? On 24?! :eek:) were quite different :).

Otherwise though, yes, very predictable (who didn't see the couple as dodgy as soon as Kimmy sat down with them?) and the canister was anti-climactic, but really, I didn't expect it to go off and kill 100s/1000s this late in the day... Gotta agree that Jack should just forget about Kim (or shoot her himself) - he'd then truly be unstoppable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

The ending of this episode was terrible. It's the same old storyline twist they have used before. The 2 part finale better be bleedin' brilliant or I am finished with 24 altogether (I bet that's got the producers worried :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

The pen is mightier than the sword...

everyone should carry a pen:

when Jabraan was trying to get help from the woman at the ticket booth, he should have written on a piece of paper...

When Jack got into the van at the end, he should have written on a piece of paper telling renee what what the craic was...

Next time im caught up in an international terrorist threat im gonna make sure i bring my pen...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm gonna for against the grain here a little and say that I actually thought that was the best episode in a month at least.

Geared up nicely for the finale. And yes, it was predictable rehashed storylines, but that's what 24 is all about. They have to throw a cog in the works at 5 minutes to every hour.
    +1

If you can live with moles every season you can live with kim being kidnapped again.

Chloe wars was the best part of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Sherifu wrote: »
    Chloe wars was the best part of the episode.

The finale will be brilliant if they come to blows/mud wrestle/b*tch slap each other or any other form of physical violence... Hopefully Janis gets killed off in the process...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah it has taken be this long to get to hour 22, 2 more weeks and I will be finished :rolleyes:.

Over all a poor episode as outlined above.

Kim gets Kidnapped, again. I suppose the writers wanted to keep her in the series since very few of the original cast are still around. And Tony knows Jack will do anything for his daughter.

I was waiting for some one to tell Jack or Jabraan "We're Watching You" <<< from the very first season when Jack Daughter Kim is kidnapped by terrorist. :rolleyes:

4/10 :(

Advertisement