Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertical tragus?

Options
  • 12-05-2009 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

So, I really like the look of this piercing , just beside the tragus, or as in this one

Just wondering what the name of it is? Because it would appear that a 'vertical tragus' would mean something more like this, quite obviously enough.
    Would the piercing I like be a surface piercing then, really? I'm not sure. I went into a piercer today to ask and they said it would be surface, but I'm not sure I explained it properly and I forgot to bring a printout image with me.

Thanks!
    BD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well...

One of those is a surface piercing and one isn't.
    The one going right through the trag, does what it does.

The vertical tragus, i.e. The Surface piercing, i don't think lasts very long?
    I know sue had/has one, but something's telling me it rejected.

Cool piercing though, i really like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

It is a surface piercing.
    And yep sue's rejected.
    Also hi cian!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

HA!
    I win by miliseconds!
    Also, hi ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

So, I really like the look of this piercing , just beside the tragus, or as in this one

Just wondering what the name of it is? Because it would appear that a 'vertical tragus' would mean something more like this, quite obviously enough.
    Would the piercing I like be a surface piercing then, really? I'm not sure. I went into a piercer today to ask and they said it would be surface, but I'm not sure I explained it properly and I forgot to bring a printout image with me.

Thanks!
    BD
    aww, i miss my one :( twas ma favourite. rejected on me though.
    it's really hard to heal because of where it is, your jaw affects it soo much, so when you eat, talk, etc it just gets moved around constantly.
    surface piercings are super hard to heal too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Some people call it a side-burn piercing, and as everyone else has said it's a pain and almost impossible to heal unless your skin has lost it's tightness (collagen), which won't happen till your late 30's early 40's. Constant weather change will also not help along with our harsh wind. Even then though the constant movement with your jaw when eating or even sleeping will agitate it.

I had one also, healed it relatively ok but a straight barbell was put in >.< so just pushed itself out.

Vertical tragus, have only seen one in person and it was rejecting on the girl, it could be possible but in all honesty I don't know.

If you really wanted you have another option but i'm not gonna suggest it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Cheers, thanks for all the replies. Seems like it's bound for doom, pity :( Any reckoning with microdermals? I'm considering one for an anti-eyebrow anyway but think this location is really interesting... rejection seems to be a big issue though, thought it might be.

That was my suggestion i didn't wanna suggest :pac:

Only because if they fail or you want them out they will leave nasty ass scars on you and you don't want em on your face :(

Found a pic of my vertical tragus... eugh straight barbell and brushing off my tragus, was never gonna last. >.< for shame!

you can see it rejecting and the bar under the skin >.<

ear.jpg

Years ago, small lobes and all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Will wrote: »
    That was my suggestion i didn't wanna suggest :pac:

Only because if they fail or you want them out they will leave nasty ass scars on you and you don't want em on your face :(

Was thinking that was your unsaid suggestion all right!! :pac:

I'm not *too* bothered about scarring because I always get my piercings for a specific reason so even if I take it out (none of which I have yet) and I'm left with a scar, it'll still mark why I got it done in the first place, if you get what I mean.

But at the same time I don't want anything too destructive, esp if I was to get one in my anti-eyebrow. I don't think there's a reputable piercer where I am [Limerick] that does surface/dermal piercings anyway so I'll have to wait til I'm in Dublin so I'll have a while to look into it more anyway.

Thanks for all your help! Might just get angel bites done in the meantime to tie me over for my pang for pain :D;)

PS Pity bout your vertical tragus...RIP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 shebop

Anyone else care to share some experiences of this?

From what I understand and have seen, there seems to be two different types of 'vertical tragus' piercing -- 1) a surface piercing close to the tragus/ear like this (really, on your sideburn area as someone said earlier) and 2) a barbell tragus piercing through the tragus like this .

Was it both types that have high rejection rates?

Has anyone a good tale to tell about it?

What types of tragus is unsuitable for this piercing? Any info would be greatly appreciated ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement