Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casual Work, do i have to inform sw office with a letter?

Options
  • 12-05-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hi

im on jobseekers benefit and managed to get 3 days working in a school last week and 5 days this week. i rang the SW last week to tell them I was working for 3 days and they said it would be deducted after they took my pps number.

But this week, when I knew for sure I would be in for five days working, I rang the SW office and they said I would have to get a letter from the school on headed paper stating how many days I worked or a P45!!

Can I not just tell them my pps number? I think this is a bit extreme and I don't want to go the the secretary and ask them for this as I think it is a bit awkward!! I suggested showing them my payslip when I received it as an alternative? Any advice or past experiences much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Casual Work, do i have to inform sw office with a letter?

Yes.
    The letter needs to state which days you worked so you can claim jobseekers for the others

Advertisement