Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options
  • 12-05-2009 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Best of luck in the exams peoples :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

thanks, same to you!

I take it your busy studying up in the college like the numerous amount of other students cramming the library :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Nope, i've been doing my study at home! Might head into college and study in the labs after my exam tomorrow is over and done with though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully nobody will be back in August!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully nobody will be back in August!! :D

Yeah, good luck to all!!

How has everyone's first day of exams gone?

• Advertisement

First one didn't go well at all :(

Bryn wrote: »

Aww no :(, don't worry about it though. There is still a few more to go, and I'm sure they will be fine. It possible went better than you think though. I had an exam like that last semester, and I passed it anyhow. 'Twill be grand. Positive thinking and all that malarky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Bryn wrote: »

It's all good Bryn, you have August as a last resort - or you could come back for another year next year ;)

I'm sure you'll do ok, don't panic! at the disco too much, haw haw!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jaych1000

Does anybody know when the results will be out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

Far as i know they are out the 17th

• Advertisement

Far as i know they are out the 17th

Correct, they are out next wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jaych1000

Oh god!
    Didn't think they were out THAT soon.
    Well, best of luck to all!

Just wishing everyone luck for tomorrow!

Really was not looking forward to these results so i am delighted with a grade 1.

hope your all pleased as me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 xXfeefa!!Xx

Can anyone help me?I passed all my winter exams but i failed 2 in my spring and it says pass next to my GPA for winter and beside spring it say "Exemption(s) Granted" does this mean that their goin 2 waver it since its only 2 exams?I was told that if they discuss it and youve done well in everything else they wont make u come bak in august just 4 to exams?sum1 reply fast coz it would make my day if ya sed i didn hav 2 repeat!haha

Excemptions granted mean you have to do the repeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I passed everything! Pheww. Although, granted, it wasn't one of my major concerns this summer!

How did you guys get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

sugarman wrote: »
    This year has been a nightmare, managed to screw up every single bloody exam of both semesters which brings me to a tally of 8/9 repeats:( Nobodys fault but my own though.

Does anybody know if i repeat the whole year, including the exams i passed, that i would be able to get Merit or Distinction on my Degree as opposed to just a Pass?

I dunno what to do, mad dissapointed with myself this year, the most important one too. Every other year its mostly B's, just had/have alot of problems outside of college going on this time.

Ah wells...

Congrads to everyone else anywho:)

Repeats,no matter what result u get in them, will always end up a pass on ur degree.Itas annoying but since u are repeating theres no way to get distinctions

I dont know Rejkin, I was under that impression also, But i happen to know of two people that repeat exams and recieved B's.

So i would suggest Sugarman that you get on to the college and ask them get a direct answer.

and let us know what they say for future reference

Good luck

I actually think that if you repeat the entire year, even subjects you have already passed then you are possibly eligible for a Distinction. Check with the office, but I think it is so.

Just to also say congrats to all those who got what they wanted! I got a First which is amazing. Just need a job to match it now!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Congrats Daisy, and everyone else who passed.

5 B's and an A for me so I'm happy enough :)

Advertisement