Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phenomenology

Options
  • 12-05-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

im new round here so sorry of iv posted in the wrong place
    im currently trying to write a 2500 word essay on husserls' natural attitude..and im currently stuck at 750...
    iv written a brief intro of phenomenology, a brief intro of husserl n then explained the natural attitude, scientfic reflection and critique of cognition...and i really dont know where to go from here
    any help or peoples view on the subject would be greatly appreciated
    thanks xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

squiz wrote: »
    im new round here so sorry of iv posted in the wrong place
    im currently trying to write a 2500 word essay on husserls' natural attitude..and im currently stuck at 750...
    iv written a brief intro of phenomenology, a brief intro of husserl n then explained the natural attitude, scientfic reflection and critique of cognition...and i really dont know where to go from here
    any help or peoples view on the subject would be greatly appreciated
    thanks xx

I would highly recommend the following texts:

Robert Sokolowski, Introduction to Phenomenology (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000).

Rudolf Bernet, Iso Kern, & Eduard Marbach, An Introduction to Husserlian Phenomenology (Illinois: Northwestern University Press, 1993).

Good luck with your essay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Leopardi wrote: »
    I would highly recommend the following texts:

Robert Sokolowski, Introduction to Phenomenology (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000).

Rudolf Bernet, Iso Kern, & Eduard Marbach, An Introduction to Husserlian Phenomenology (Illinois: Northwestern University Press, 1993).

Good luck with your essay.
    Sokolowski's good, Dermot Moran's is fine (he's good on Husserl at least), Kearney's introductory book is good too for Husserl's method.

I'm not comfortable saying anything else. We're not going to write your essays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement