Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA League UFC Undisputed

Options
  • 12-05-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

The MMA League is going from strength to strength this year with more and more people entering. The support from FightLord has ensured that we can continue to run great events this year. As part of this sponsorship FightLord will be awarding a Fighter of the Day award in UL for the best performing fighter at the event.

In addition to this there will be two more prizes, graciously provided by Xtravision, of a copy of UFC: Undisputed on the platform of your choice.
    They are also offering a discount to entrants at the League off the marked price if you buy your copy of the game at an Xtravision store on opening weekend.

If there weren't enough reasons to start out in the League, then FightLord and Xtravision just gave us even more!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Is this a league exclusively for Boardies or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Is this a league exclusively for Boardies or what?

No. Anyone can enter the MMA league. You can go to www.mmaleague.com to see the rules and print up an registration form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    and print up an registration form.

Online entries only this time;)

I like the idea of a discounted or free UFC Game though!:)

darragh-k wrote: »
    Online entries only this time;)

I like the idea of a discounted or free UFC Game though!:)

Thanks darragh. Why the change? A discounted or free UFC game is a good incentive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Thanks darragh. Why the change? A discounted or free UFC game is a good incentive.

Not entirely sure but it does make sense due to the vast increase in the number of competitors in the League. Now the fights can be prepared in advance only needing to make slight changes on the day so the crew can start and finish earlier.

• Advertisement

darragh-k wrote: »
    Not entirely sure but it does make sense due to the vast increase in the number of competitors in the League. Now the fights can be prepared in advance only needing to make slight changes on the day so the crew can start and finish earlier.

Thanks again darragh-k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Darragh has mostly arm barred the correct there. Volume was becoming an issue; despite everyone's best intentions a good 40% of people didn't send entries in by post, many are emailed to me the week of the League, others turn up on the day. All of this leads to overhead for me that delay the competition getting started, and improving our start time has been a long time goal for me at the events.

Now with online registration nobody has an excuse not to pre-register, on the day registration will no longer be accepted. This program is still in beta of course to see how it works in Limerick, but if it goes off well it will be made a permanent feature.

Dragging us kicking and screaming back on topic - got my first submission on Chuck last night in the UFC : Undisputed demo 8)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Mark, I have one question and don't want to seem impertinent.

On the day of the league why do you not have the fights all happening in their categories?

What I mean is say start the show with teens on one matt and say flyweight rookies on the other and finish that division and move on to the next category.

Maybe you have tried this before and it didnt work??

It would mean a competitor would know when to get warmed up and wouldn't have one fight at say fight 2 and the next at fight 40.

Nothing impertinent about making a suggestion Jason :)

I decided on the way it is now because it was important to rule out having fighters fight in two adjacent fights. I wanted to avoid having to wait until a fighter was recovered and losing time that way.

The problems with the current method you have mentioned, the benefits though are that there is no delay between fights, it is what ensures we get out the gap as quickly as humanly possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 subvictory

How do you win the games? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of them!

• Advertisement

Full details at the League on Saturday :)

Advertisement