Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo Tracking URLs & Google Analytics

Options
  • 12-05-2009 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been having an issue that's hurting my head lately and was wondering if anyone on here had any input.

I'm running a paid campaign through Yahoo Search Marketing, and I have Tracking URLs switched off.

In Google Analytics, when I look at my landing page URLs for non-paid traffic, I'm seeing a few hundred clicks to URLs containg OVKEY, OVRAW, OVKWID and the other parameters that Yahoo! Tracking URLs adds on.

(I use Google's URL Builder tool on the raw URL, and the resultant URL gets encoded again using another 3rd party tool. When I look at my landing page URLs for paid traffic in Analytics, it alls looks fine and all contain the parameter from the aforementioned 3rd party tool)

Why am I seeing these URLs with OVKEY, OVRAW etc in my non-paid reports in Analytics??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

So am I correct in thinking you are getting Yahoo tracking stats into your Google Analytics account despite having it turned off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

notnem wrote: »
    So am I correct in thinking you are getting Yahoo tracking stats into your Google Analytics account despite having it turned off?

Yes, that's the crux of the issue. I've already verified that there are no other campaigns running in Yahoo for the same domain.

Advertisement