Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A very odd happening

Options
  • 12-05-2009 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

I have deliberated over telling this one but here goes....

About 3 weeks ago I was staying in the OHs house, she was away for the weekend, anyhoo sat and watched TV, I had a couple of cans of beer (I was in no way drunk so cross that one out! ;) ) and went to bed about 3 a.m. Woke up about 10 the next morning and went to put on my slippers (yes I am over 40) and noticed something in the right one. On closer examination it appeared to be full of water (a clear liquid anyway). I looked at it for a few minutes trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I looked at the ceiling, no water marks so no leak there, it was nowhere near the rads so no leaks there! I carefully picked it up and poured it into the bathroom sink, went back to the bedroom and checked the carpet and it was dry as a bone. I heard nothing during the night and nothing out of the ordinary occured that I can recall! I have stayed in that house many times over the last few years and nothing strange has ever ocurred nor has my OH ever mentioned anything. I haven't told her about this as I don't want to freak her out. I am I think a rational individual but am a loss to explain this one.

Ideas?

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Maybe you were sleep walking and needed to pee after the beer, you couldn't find the bedroom door so you peed in your slipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

i recently checked out a private home where pools of unexplained water was part of the problem. They would come down stairs in the morning to find water on the table. After a few days of wiping it up they put down a sheet of kitchen towel in the exact spot - the follwoing morning they came down to find the pool of water at the other end of the table.

When they then moved the table one night, again the next morning the water was there. They then covered the table with towels, the next morning there was a pool of water on a small table in their sitting room.

No water marks on the ceilings, only 2 people in the house and when I suggested they get a plumber to check it out anyway the guy pointed out that he was a plumber. This guy had checked everything, used litmus (speling?) paper on a sample of the water, tasted it - it was just tap water.

This was just part of what was going on in the house but since then all has quietened down.

Unexplained pools of water seems to be a common enough theme, though in alot of cases explainations have been found.

Slow Motion, if it happens again ..... taste it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Maybe you were sleep walking and needed to pee after the beer, you couldn't find the bedroom door so you peed in your slipper.

No, that was one of my first thoughts, I did smell it and there was nothing, I don't have a history of sleepwalking so I think I can rule that one out!
    6th wrote: »
    i recently checked out a private home where pools of unexplained water was part of the problem. They would come down stairs in the morning to find water on the table. After a few days of wiping it up they put down a sheet of kitchen towel in the exact spot - the follwoing morning they came down to find the pool of water at the other end of the table.

When they then moved the table one night, again the next morning the water was there. They then covered the table with towels, the next morning there was a pool of water on a small table in their sitting room.

No water marks on the ceilings, only 2 people in the house and when I suggested they get a plumber to check it out anyway the guy pointed out that he was a plumber. This guy had checked everything, used litmus (speling?) paper on a sample of the water, tasted it - it was just tap water.

This was just part of what was going on in the house but since then all has quietened down.

Unexplained pools of water seems to be a common enough theme, though in alot of cases explainations have been found.

Slow Motion, if it happens again ..... taste it ;)

Interesting 6th! As for tasting it, let me think about that one :D Wouldn't want to inadvertantly end up drinking ghost piss :p

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you didnt pee in it, do you have a dog who might? (serious question!) As usual I got to look for the obvious explanations first. The other would definitely be whether you have a history of sleepwalking. I know of folk who eat, talk and lock themselves out while asleep, so filling a shoe with water is not beyond expectation.

Otherwise, especially taking 6ths post into account, Im intruiged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Very odd :confused: maybe you should ask her, because it might have happened to her and she is afraid you wil think she is a whack job if she says anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Oryx wrote: »
    If you didnt pee in it, do you have a dog who might? (serious question!) As usual I got to look for the obvious explanations first. The other would definitely be whether you have a history of sleepwalking. I know of folk who eat, talk and lock themselves out while asleep, so filling a shoe with water is not beyond expectation.

Otherwise, especially taking 6ths post into account, Im intruiged.

No animals in the house! I come from a large family so if I had a history of sleepwalking I would know about it, so if I did it was the first time in my life, believe me I always look for the ovbious first too, which is why it took me a few weeks to post it here, I wanted to run through all the possible scenarios in my head a few times first before I subjecting myself to the inquisition ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

This might sound odd but if it happens regularly, instead of putting a towel or something down before you go to bed, why not leave a bowl or plate of water and see what happens the next day? Very strange!

(with a bit of look they might turn it into beer! :D)

Advertisement