Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista basic or business

Options
  • 12-05-2009 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey PPls,

I have a question for ye computer brains out there :)

I need to reformat my system as some lovely viruses have taken over :)

The only problem i have is that i cant find the recovery dvd, i have vista business installed on my computer but the only vista dvd i can get my hands on is vista home basic, so my question is that if its ok to use that dvd, i have my product key for vista business, are they backward compatible?,

Any help would be great,

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I don't think so. Microsoft might send you out a free DVD if you have a valid license. Call them to check. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lydabryant

try calling up microsoft support... ask for help about this matter... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

I can't offer a word of advice but I do think it is a bit ridiculous the approach that MS have taken with Vista. Many features are disabled in this O/S unless you buy or upgrade to premium versions.

On the other hand, OS X is OS X baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

If it is a retail or OEM disc from Microsoft then you can use it as it contains all versions of Vista and your license will determine the version loaded. If it is a system restore disc from Dell, HP etc. then you are out of luck.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Rics wrote: »
    On the other hand, OS X is OS X baby!

Linux is Linux and free ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

paulm17781 wrote: »
    Linux is Linux and free ;)

its also linux.....

Advertisement