Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whos around next year??

Options
  • 12-05-2009 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Another year has ended.... Lots of fun times had ... But whos back for more next year?

Got tonnes of notes for anyone thinking of doing a BBS + HR major next year!!

I'll be back pending the grades I need for my post grad!!

+ Are we have a BULBS Session or what??:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DCJR

I'd love a BULBS. :D

Doing a post grad aswell myself, maybe even the same one as you DJ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

As I mentioned in the other thread I'll be back doing a MEng in Information and Network Security (An engineering masters...the shame!)

I'll be living with Mossin and Puca Mor.

Much beering and general merriment there shall be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm not a student at the moment, but work here. However I will also be 'back' next year, doing the MSc in International Mgmt and Global Business. Yay for acceptance letters :D

/Checks out all the people doing Masters programmes.

I'd like to meet more UL boardsies. Only know 2 really, knew a few more last year but they graduated and actually left (as opposed to me who can't let go.) So, I vote yes for a UL beers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

This is heartbreaking. I'm leaving. Going. Going. My five year relationship with UL is coming to a nasty breakup, and it's rendering a void in my soul. :( What's worse is that I have no idea where I'm going or what I'm doing; I don't even know if I'll be in Limerick.

+1 to bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

This is heartbreaking. I'm leaving. Going. Going. My five year relationship with UL is coming to a nasty breakup, and it's rendering a void in my soul. :( What's worse is that I have no idea where I'm going or what I'm doing; I don't even know if I'll be in Limerick.

+1 to bulbs.

*cough*MA in Journalism*cough*... :pac:

A Masters is always the answer. I'm sort of like Chris Rock's dad, except replace 'Robitussin' with 'Do a Masters'

"I don't want to leave UL..." Do a Masters.
    "The job market sucks..." Do a Masters.
    "I have a bad cough..." Do a Masters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

A Masters is always the answer. I'm sort of like Chris Rock's dad, except replace 'Robitussin' with 'Do a Masters'

If you're really lucky you'll even end up working here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I'm returning in Sept again to do a Masters!

+1 for BULBS also

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'll be knocking around for Sem1, possibly Sem2 as well seeing as I think we've about as much chance of getting co-op obair as Elvis playing as intimate gig in the Jean Monet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'll be gone next year...Erasmus in Graz in Austria for the year, can't wait for it but will miss UL a lot.

See ya all 2010/2011! that is of course if I don't like Graz and only stay for a semester.

Either way I loved my first year in UL and can't wait to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I'm sure that I'll be making one or two visits during the year. Especially after christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'll be around next year to fill the Aoife shaped hole left by bluedolphin.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

DCJR wrote: »
    I'd love a BULBS. :D

Doing a post grad aswell myself, maybe even the same one as you DJ;)

Getting Freeky now!!!
    I'm not a student at the moment, but work here. However I will also be 'back' next year, doing the MSc in International Mgmt and Global Business. Yay for acceptance letters :D

/Checks out all the people doing Masters programmes.

I'd like to meet more UL boardsies. Only know 2 really, knew a few more last year but they graduated and actually left (as opposed to me who can't let go.) So, I vote yes for a UL beers!

Well you'll get to know me very well next year in that case..... got my acceptance letter yesterday in MSc in International Mgmt and Global Business!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I shall also be found filling a sabbat shaped hole next year....and possible an MBS(Ed) in 10/11....I have a bit of money coming my way at the end of the year and I may as well use it to ride the crest of the recession in UL to the beach of public service employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

My plan as it currently stands is to get some sort of employment til about February, thinking of doing trans-Europe and Siberia railway then over a 6 month period and then Masters September 2010, but none of the courses I'm interested in are in UL... My problem is sourcing employment between now and February. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

+1 to bulbs.

This is my 6th year here :-( It has't really hit yet that I'm finished on Friday :mad::mad:

I have a job lined up from the beginning of July til the end of November :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oh ya, back in September.

1st year was pretty good, did sweet FA though :o, but sure...

Really looking forward to starting the Marketing major though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

All i can say is good luck to U.L. for the second time. Dropped out again, dont recon il be back again but mleh it was good while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

i'm around... kinda

Have first semester off so i'll be around but disapearing for days/weeks at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭idPlease

DJCR wrote: »
    Getting Freeky now!!!

:D haha!

I'm here next year, MsC in Marketing.

+1 for Beers!

shout out to D-mo...he knows who he is! :cool::):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Im back....4th year!! Its weird, first year flew by, had the 1st semester of second year, then co-op, then erasmus and a few weeks back in UL(well thats all it felt like) and now Im heading into my final year :eek:
    Really looking forward to starting the Marketing major though!!!

Have to say I really liked my marketing module this year. I was in with all the first year BBS this year so it was just the basics. Anyway John Fahy is a genius of a lecturer imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

caesar wrote: »
    Im back....4th year!! Its weird, first year flew by, had the 1st semester of second year, then co-op, then erasmus and a few weeks back in UL(well thats all it felt like) and now Im heading into my final year :eek:

Have to say I really liked my marketing module this year. I was in with all the first year BBS this year so it was just the basics. Anyway John Fahy is a genius of a lecturer imo.
    Wasn't too keen on that marketing lecture myself, thought he was trying to make it a bit too much of a ''fun'' module and didn't get much out of it.. But everyone has different tastes.

I'll be kind of like you in that I'll be out of UL for a lot of my course.
    Finished 1st year now and gone all of 2nd year on erasmus and then hopefully germany for my Co-op.

Advertisement