Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Bright Object in the sky tonight moving at a steady pace

Options
  • 11-05-2009 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

It wasnt a plane way too bright to be a plane , Not sure what it was ,but seen it here in Donegal, It was very bright , and moving at a steady pace, I watched it for 5 minutes or so before it went out of sight, was moving from the south towards the east.
    I was wondering do anyone know of anything that is meant to be in our skies tonight ?
    It was pretty Big.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

The Internatioan Space Station (ISS) was due to be visible from Limerick for 5 minutes from 10.49pm tonight.

From WSW travelling to the East.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ya i saw it too, it was the iss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

would you be able to see this from carlow/castledermot tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Go here http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/index.html

In Sighting Opportunities. Select country and nearest town which will give you sighting times in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭squonk

Yup, the ISS was visible from about 22:49 to 22:55 for me in Skerries. Very bright. Looked very well. www.heavens-above.com is another good place to get infor on sattelites and the ISS and when they can be viewed at your location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Last night's was a good pass. I saw it by chance but knew immediately what it was. http://www.n2yo.com is another good site to check. There are two passes tonight that could be good. There is one at 21:41 and a better one at 23:15. Those times are from the Dublin area, but the rest of the country shouldn't differ too much. More details on Heavens Above.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Saw it tonight from the middle of Galway @ 23:18, perfect view of it, didnt even know it was going to pass over tonight, I was walking back from Star Trek at the time funnily enough and there were a load of people looking up at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭squonk

Thumbs up Thargor! Now if they could only bring the Enterprise back in time to dock with the ISS :)

Advertisement