Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor / Flash in the sky

Options
  • 11-05-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I just saw a rapidly moving bright green/yellow light trail looking north appox north from Dublin 8. Did anyone else see this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bing2385

mass wrote: »
    I just saw a rapidly moving bright green/yellow light trail looking north appox north from Dublin 8. Did anyone else see this?

YES I SAW IT!!!!! at 22:38 hours

a green sort of colour! DID YOU GET ANY PICS?

See my previous posting i made on the aviation page!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60204616&posted=1#post60204616

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mass

Unfortunately no pics. I was driving at the time, but was clearly noticable above the bright street lights. Definitely looked like something burning up entering the atmosphere.

Coincidence yes, but definitely not the ISS - the co-ordinates and time are way off:

ISS Mon May 11/10:50 PM Elev: 26 Approach: 10 above SW Depart: 14 above ESE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bing2385

mass wrote: »
    Unfortunately no pics. I was driving at the time, but was clearly noticable above the bright street lights. Definitely looked like something burning up entering the atmosphere.

Yes i was the same - driving as well! I think its too low down to have been the ISS.

There was like a plummey smoke tail on it! Just couldnt believe my eyes! I thought it was a plane or something.

Advertisement