Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term lease - 1 month??

Options
  • 11-05-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

Im moving out of my place soon and rather than having to move back home (dont think i could do it) im lookign for somewhere i could rent for about a month while i find a new place (dont want to rush it this time).

Someone told me about aparthotels and the like...but are they a rip off??

Anyon any ideas?? Or maybe a hotel could do me a deal for a few weeks??

Id have about 500squids for the month...anything though so id otn have to move home!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Sites like gumtree etc. often have people letting out their spare rooms on a short-term basis, we rent out our third bedroom this way in lumps of 1-2 months. Never had any problems doing it, works out well for all of us.

Don't know about the hotels. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Look at student accomodation and digs, many students will be moving out for the summer. Or ask around with friends and family, someone might be going on holidays and be glad to have a house sitter and get a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

There's an ad up on daft for short term lettings in Santry, I'm not sure entirely how long the minimum letting is for the room but I'm in a similar situation atm (well, my lease in my current place is up mid June, my flatmates are moving home then - they're students, so won't be keeping this place over the summer. My contract at work is currently until the end of June so I am looking for a place for a couple of weeks or more and found this.)

Have emailed them asking the minimum time so fingers crossed for both of us!
    http://www.daft.ie/searchshortterm.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=pc1&s[a_id][1]=pc10&s[num_sleeps]=1&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=100&s[pt_id]=&s[search_type]=shortterm&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&id=7788

Also another one I spotted in Drumcondra:

http://www.daft.ie/searchshortterm.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[num_sleeps]=&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=100&s[pt_id]=&s[search_type]=shortterm&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&id=5637

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Iys crazy that with all them hundreds of apartments lying empty that nobody would snap your hands of to take on eo for a konth for 500quid....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I see the Glaushus hotel in tallaght was renting its apartments of for 575 a month, might of been ideal.

But they seem to be all booked out now....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

This is certainly proving more difficult than i first thought...

Renting one of the chepaer hotels at 50euro a night may be my best option....

If anybody has anything or knows a place feel free to drop me a PM! Dublin South, preferbly 24 or 22...would prefer our own place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Lamps wrote: »
    This is certainly proving more difficult than i first thought...

Renting one of the chepaer hotels at 50euro a night may be my best option....

If anybody has anything or knows a place feel free to drop me a PM! Dublin South, preferbly 24 or 22...would prefer our own place.

Did you look at Gumtree, short term accommodation offered? there's always a good few there.

Pow wow, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Is it easy to find people? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

The problem you're facing is that short term isn't catered well for in Dublin/Ireland. The prices are ridiculous. I queried a few hotels about longer term stays and the responses were laughable. They'd sooner go bust than give a competitive rate.

You should try approaching agents/LLs on Daft who are not advertising for short-term, but who may have the place up for some time and earning no rent. A bird in the hand and all that. The Property Bee is useful if you want to track how long places have been up etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

Thanks for the advice people,

think i may have found somewhere decent for the month, jsut above my budget but perfect loction.

What way does this usually work then seeign as its onyl a short term rent, id hardly still get a lease etc?? As its only a month id be more afraid of losing the deposit if the landlord as in anyway dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I would expect a lease to be signed. If there's no lease then it remains open-ended. So the agreement should specify a start date and an end date, any deposit paid and for what purpose. I'd expect bills to be encompassed in the monthly figure paid for rent, the deposit should really only be for damages. This should mean you can get the place inspected on the last day and get your deposit back right there. At least that's how I see it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement