Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Student Accommodation

Options
  • 11-05-2009 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I will be a postgrad student at NUIG this fall (2009). Any recommendations on the best student accommodation for postgrads? From the threads I've already read, it sounds like Amhra is horrible and Corrib is all for 1st years. I want a place close to campus (I don't have a car), also clean and relatively quiet. I live in the States right now, so I have no way of knowing what these places are really like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Youre best to stay in either the city centre (Eyre Square/Prospect Hill/Dominick Street etc) or else somewhere in the Newcastle area...Galway really isn't big so you'll be walking to the university.

Have a look on www.daft.ie ; that's where everyone looks fro accommodation, and you can also see the apartment/room location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Galway is really quite easy to get around. If you cycle get a bike and you won't be further than 15 mins away from most of the city.

As for areas avoid Westside. Other than that most areas around the college are grand. Get accommodation through daft or the galway advertiser. Campus accommodation isn't aimed at postgrads

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭saram

kevmy wrote: »
    Get accommodation through daft or the galway advertiser.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/classifiedlistresults/Accommodation+%26amp%3B+Property/Accommodation+wanted/0

and

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?s[cc_id]=ct2&search=1&x=9&y=13

These seem to be the best places to look for accomm.. Not many places available from September at the moment though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement