If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" LCD wanted.

Options
  • 11-05-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Am in the market for a wallet friendly 32" LCD. Any bargins/specials available?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Ghosty669

If you'd like to give me a list of desired features and a price range I'll see what we have that will suit you.

You can pm me if you like

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ghosty669

Well this might be right up your street, the 32PFL5604H
    It's due into us next week - limited quantities mind.
    We'll be selling at €599.99 (+ you can take the Boardies Loyalty 10% off that as well - if you like:))

Some people say you dont need Full HD at this screen size and they have a point to a degree BUT my feeling is as we all add more 1080p gear to our systems, and as you have an XBOX360 plus are considering an Bluray player in the future FULL HD is the way to go

Also, considering the HD ready version, The 32PFL5404H is only €50 less you aren't paying over the odds for Full HD set now - compared say to this time last year when only the Premium TV's at 32" screen size offered 1080p screens

These are the spec's for the 32PFL5604H
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5604h_12/32pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Let me know what you think

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

<Snip> references to LCD in Harvey Normans.....

Mod Comment,

This forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds.

If you see a bargain from another retailer, feel free to bring it to Bargain Alerts, if you want to or want to comment on service etc. or discuss "where" to get "what" etc, feel free to start a thread in the Home Entertainment forum.

This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. It's not in the spirit of this forum to be infracting people, particularly for what could be regarded as misplaced attempts to be helpful, but please take note of these comments be aware of the purpose of this forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

There is a reason a Hi-sense is 299 they're rubbish.
    As you have only linked back to this page i assume its the brand your on about.
    The Philips one Ash is on about there would whoop that tv back to last year. And on a side note your not getting the service from harvey norman you will receive at richer or the philips store.

Edit: Tried to go to the harvey norman site to compare TV's they don't even have a list of products available! The richer site maybe below par with komplett and pixmania but at least you can see what you can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ghosty669

Many thanks for your reply Ash. I kinda like the LG 32" LCD-TV 32LH3000 and was wondering if our friends in the North could give me a pricing for this before I make my decision.

• Advertisement

Hi

No worries! Give the lads in Richer Sounds a buzz and they'll be able to look after you.

You can reach them on 04890 321332 or pm Dave McK as he posts up on Boards, his Boards name is [EMAIL="Dave@richer"]Dave@richer[/EMAIL]

Thanks for the enquiry Ghosty669.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi Ash
    Was in your store today to purchase the 32plf5604h but it wasn't in stock (should have checked here first!)

It's disappointing that Harvey Norman can already stock this model and a Philips store can't!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Podge,

yep apologies due to a serious screw up we did not get the 1st shipment of this model - I'm seriously pissed off about it!

We do hope to have stocks of it later this week (Friday) and to make up for the abortive trip I'm happy to do a boardie special at just EURO €499.99 (sorry but that does include the Boardies 10% off special!)

Thanks again for the posts - the 5604 does look great!

Thx,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ghosty669

John, I assume you mean 499.99 euro? If so, put me down for one and I'll PM you on my contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

<Snip>

• Advertisement

Hi Podge

Just to second John Mc there
    Sorry about your wasted trip. We are pretty hacked off about the fact that this TV didnt arrive into us after chasing it up and being promised it for so long.

I expect to see them for the weekend if you can pm me your phone number I'll set one aside and contact you when they arrive in.

NIce price Johns offered you by the way - guess he doesnt want me to eat this week!!(prob not a bad thing...)

atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ghosty,

Thanks for the correction - lucky I'm not a money dealer with AIB/BOI or else we would be completely screwed!

I'll ask Ash to pop a reserved on one for you when they eventually (GRRRR :mad:) arrive.

Thanks again!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

499 is a damn good price for a 1080p tv. I just might pick up one myself!

The four main questions i have about the philips are

1. what are black levels like?

2. What is the picture like when the tv upscales a sd source?

3. Any noticable lag when gaming (ps3) ?

4. It does not have 100hz so will there be (bad) motion blur

I might have to call up and have a look :D

cheers guys

Hi Moonboy52

It's hard to give honest answers to your questions just yet as we don't have one to play with at the moment.

Should be in a better position to answer when it arrives in and we've had a chance to play with it.

I'd say it will be very good for the price though!
    Also considering the only other 1080p 32" TV Philips had in the range last month was the very spectacular 32PFL9613H at the upper end of the price bracket it's good to see them now in the budget sector.

Will post up once we have 'em
    atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.