Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MILISIM EVENT@G-TAC "The seige at Khe Sanh"

Options
  • 11-05-2009 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

G-TAC Mil-Sim on the 24th. of May.Details as follows

In January 1968 an epic battle took place between US forces and the NVA. The effort to retain ownership of the US battle base at Khe Sanh was codenamed "Operation Scotland".

The defense of the American combat base at Khe Sanh, was one of the most remote out posts of Vietnam.

U.S. Intelligence Forces were aware that North Vietnamese Army Forces were massing around Khe Sanh, preparing for a full scale siege.

There are 2 key objectives that day. They were to hold Bridge 881 south and Bridge 861 just north of the base.
    The N.V.A. Gunners targeted their attack with incredible accuracy scoring a direct hit on their bases Main Ammunition store.
    90% of their bases stock of Artillery and mortar rounds were lost.
    As the Tet offensive swept over south Vietnam, Khe Sanh went uncannily quite,

OBJECTIVE 2

The Battle for the Combat Base had settled into a straight fight between American and North Vietnamese gunners. Troops manning the base were running out of ammunition food, supplies, and reinforcements. One of the major problems were to get casualties to safe EVAC point.

OBJECTIVE 3
    SUPER GAGGLE
    This was an innovation by the Americans to get supplies in to the base at Khe Sanh.
    they started using high speed assaults the entire assaults took incredible timing and would last only 25 minutes at a time .

More Details to follow........nearer to time ........

It will be one hell of a battle and will be a major victory to the team that wins.
    There will be some amazing spot prizes and a big Summer BBQ. Shop on site as usual and full Eirsoft Shop as well .

Camping facilities available if you want to come down on the Saturday night. Free BBQ on Saturday night.

Please show your interest here. If you are a team member, please let us know your team name and how many of the team will be coming. If you are not on a team, no problem, all welcome.

Free bus will be available to bring you out to site for this event, it will be leaving Galway at 8.30. A deposit of €5 must be paid to us in advance of taking a seat on the bus. This is to secure your seat. It will be taken off your entrance fee. There will be 23 places available on it so they will go fast let us no what you think and if you would use this and we will put on for you every 2nd Sunday.
    Regards Martin and Evelyn
    Lock and load boys it should be a good one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 webo

:eek: Just myself, so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Calendar updated, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

What you need. All players must bring a black shirt or tshirt. The black shirt will be used to distinguish NVA from US forces.

If this is your first time at G-TAC, please famiarise yourself with the G-TAC rules and regulations, print out a waiver and have filled out prior to registration to speed up the process. Also it would be advisable to print out a map of the area and bring it with you.

Clothing. As close as possible to the era but we know not everyone will have era clothing so any uniform will do.

Equipment. Again, period style AEG/bolt action/pistol would be prefered but anything will do. But there will be no AEG allowed with integrated scope like the AUG A1. There will be no mounted scopes, lazers or PEQ box's on AEG's. Only designated snipers will be allowed to have a scoped rifle which must be bolt action. No high cap mags. Low and mid cap only. Up to 3 M249's will be allowed per side. Sidearms, any will be allowed but no machine pistols. IE M93R, Glock 23F etc.

More details will follow. Ask any questions you like and we will answer them as best we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Why.... am.... I..... missing.... this!!!!!? Nooooeees!!!!

:( :mad:

As I said today guys, will be in Dublin for that weekend. Hope it goes well for ye. Kick Charlie's ass back to Hanoi for me!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Will be there hopefully with a lot of hawks.

will be wearing my US VN loadout, and hopefully have an m16 to use :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pablorally

Cool. Polish team will be there.

+/- 18 ppl.
    See ya all:)

that great guys thanks for signing up should be a good one :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Would it be possible to use an M16 SPR with a scope in semi?

Would it be possible to use an M16 SPR with a scope in semi?

no it would not be allowed but if you take of scope you can play as a regular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

great stuff guys, i am defo gonna try make this one. lets hope we get a good turn out. the scenario sounds like a good one. :)
    Equipment. Again, period style AEG/bolt action/pistol would be prefered but anything will do. But there will be no AEG allowed with integrated scope like the AUG A1. There will be no mounted scopes, lazers or PEQ box's on AEG's. Only designated snipers will be allowed to have a scoped rifle which must be bolt action. No high cap mags. Low and mid cap only. Up to 3 M249's will be allowed per side. Sidearms, any will be allowed but no machine pistols. IE M93R, Glock 23F etc.

More details will follow. Ask any questions you like and we will answer them as best we can.

Sorry, i dont mean to put a spanner on the works but im just wondering what would be the feeling on M14 rifles with scopes? these would be accurate to the era but dont fit with the rules of equipment.
    the idea of scopes for snipers only is a good one though. maybe the 14s could be limited with less ammo, although i don't know if mids are easily available for them.
    regarding the VC and NVA, these would have worn a sort of tan-ish BDU for the NVA and black PJs for the VC. would it be be easier to allow people to wear tan or black stuff for NVA/VC and have american and ARVN have to wear OD/Green only?

Ammo limits would be a good idea too, maybe 600rds per person, so on average 6 mids or 2 hicaps for those who don't have them.
    everyones ammo could be pooled and locked in a bag which the side would have to lug with them, then after an engagement if they are low they have to seek the permission of the marshals who would have the code of the bag. it would be up to the marshals to grant it dependent on the situation. this would take away the problems of people heading back to the safe zone to reload all the time and those who do need the ammo could be required to take a penalty of falling back to a further point instead of heading straight back into the engagement.

Maybe the NVA and VC could have the greater numbers but this would be leveled out by them having a further away respawn point and a bleedout time before they can head for the respawn. the americans could have a medic on hand and healed soldiers maybe have to wait 5 mins after being patched up before becoming active again.

also, how about when chrono'ing the guns, 3 elastic bnds are put on the barrel, these would be your lives and when you get shot the marshal would remove one at the respawn. this would possibly be a good way to add up te kill rate at the end of the day too. :)

I'lll go load me mags....

:D

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    great stuff guys, i am defo gonna try make this one. lets hope we get a good turn out. the scenario sounds like a good one. :)

Sorry, i dont mean to put a spanner on the works but im just wondering what would be the feeling on M14 rifles with scopes? these would be accurate to the era but dont fit with the rules of equipment.
    the idea of scopes for snipers only is a good one though. maybe the 14s could be limited with less ammo, although i don't know if mids are easily available for them.
    regarding the VC and NVA, these would have worn a sort of tan-ish BDU for the NVA and black PJs for the VC. would it be be easier to allow people to wear tan or black stuff for NVA/VC and have american and ARVN have to wear OD/Green only?

Ammo limits would be a good idea too, maybe 600rds per person, so on average 6 mids or 2 hicaps for those who don't have them.
    everyones ammo could be pooled and locked in a bag which the side would have to lug with them, then after an engagement if they are low they have to seek the permission of the marshals who would have the code of the bag. it would be up to the marshals to grant it dependent on the situation. this would take away the problems of people heading back to the safe zone to reload all the time and those who do need the ammo could be required to take a penalty of falling back to a further point instead of heading straight back into the engagement.

Maybe the NVA and VC could have the greater numbers but this would be leveled out by them having a further away respawn point and a bleedout time before they can head for the respawn. the americans could have a medic on hand and healed soldiers maybe have to wait 5 mins after being patched up before becoming active again.

also, how about when chrono'ing the guns, 3 elastic bnds are put on the barrel, these would be your lives and when you get shot the marshal would remove one at the respawn. this would possibly be a good way to add up te kill rate at the end of the day too. :)

I'lll go load me mags....

:D

Hi Richie,
    They are all great idea's. If you would not mind we would love to use them.

As the 14 is a period piece, I would have to say yes. Looking over details of it though and they seem mostly to have been used without scope. Saying that there was also a semi auto only version produced the M14M which was a civilian piece of kit. I would be in the thinking however that the average soldier on the ground would not have had a scope but if there is any more intel on this I would appreciate this. So for the moment the 14 would be accepted but without a scope but this could change.

The OD/green is a great idea but I do not want to exclude those that do not have access to these uniforms so I think just from a point of view of having a good ammount of people to play we will still prefer OD/Green but will accept any BDU. The NVA/VC clothing would be great in black or tan. Again I was just saying for everyone to bring a black shirt to make it easy for people but if anyone has any period costume from the era it would be great.

We will definetly take onboard the idea for the elastic bands. We were thinking of doing resupply runs but your idea of the locked bag's is great.

Keep the idea's coming guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

G-TAC wrote: »

The OD/green is a great idea but I do not want to exclude those that do not have access to these uniforms so I think just from a point of view of having a good ammount of people to play we will still prefer OD/Green but will accept any BDU. The NVA/VC clothing would be great in black or tan. Again I was just saying for everyone to bring a black shirt to make it easy for people but if anyone has any period costume from the era it would be great.

We will definetly take onboard the idea for the elastic bands. We were thinking of doing resupply runs but your idea of the locked bag's is great.

Keep the idea's coming guys.

No probs, when i said OD/green though, what i meant was green based camo so it can be anything from plain OD, brit dpm to american woodland etc etc. the tans being plain tan, brit desert, multicam, etc etc, and the VC would be an easy one.:)

another possibility would be doing a buddy system, if numbers permit it would be good to pair everyone up with another player that they have to stay close to at all times. if one gets shot the other protects him until the medic arrives and the protector can avail of the downed mans ammo in the process.
    I think this would help the side move with more coordination and communication as well as make for a nice twist if one guy is downed out somewhere in the open and the other becomes a POW. POWs could be traded for ground, ammo or exchanged for their own captives.

mouse traps on fishing line would make pretty good traps for the VC to leave around in the "jungle" to lure the Americans into. lol, should add that little bit more suspense, the thought of being killed by something invisible. :D

How much will be entry fee???

Looking forward to this actually. Theres no chance of me having my VN m16 ready, but maybe Richie can work some magic and get my A3 fixed :P

Other then that I'l be in my OD loadout and looking forward to a good milsim.

pablorally wrote: »
    How much will be entry fee???

The Entry fee for this is the usual fee of 25-00 euro's .as i said if you come down the night before ,there is a free BBQ.On Sunday then it is 2 euro's for a burger and other BBQ food and drinks and bars and crisps are there as well from our shop for you.
    Regards Evelyn

Thank you Evelyn for info;)

What time we start game?

pablorally wrote: »
    Thank you Evelyn for info;)

What time we start game?

Hello Pablorally ,The games will start at between 10.30 am and 11.00 am
    .there is a lot of people booked in so it should be a great event looking forward to having your team down .

Thanx.
    We see ya all there.

Can we just remind all those intending to use the free bus to G-TAC this Sunday, that they must pay a €5 deposit at the shop. This is a deposit and will be refunded from your entry fee on arrival at the site. If you do not show up for your seat you will lose your deposit.

Regards,
    Martin and Evelyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

Hey Martin/Evelyn,

I'll be there but i dont have any mid cap mags for my M15.

will it be ok if i limit myself to a few high caps ?..

Please advise.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

thehorse wrote: »
    Hey Martin/Evelyn,

I'll be there but i dont have any mid cap mags for my M15.

will it be ok if i limit myself to a few high caps ?..

Please advise.

Thanks!
    Advised as per telephone conversation with you and we will have them onsite for you
    kind regards Evelyn

The Weather forcast for tommorrow is a pleasant 17 to 19 degree .lock an load guys it should be a good one .

Just to remind all who are attending G-TAC tomorrow. Everyone must have a brown or black shirt. This is to distinguish NVA/VC from US forces.

Also, it is promised to be a warm day so dress accordingly.
    Water as well as coke, orange and 7Up, Bars tayto and consumables will be available for purchase.

We hope ye all enjoy the day and we look forward to welcoming ye down.
    All the best,
    Martin and Evelyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

thanks to Martin & Evelyn for a great day yesterday. The last game of the day was something different and was great fun! , the weather made things even better.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

as if we weren't being completely massacred by the US you had to break your rifle now didn't you horse ?

... was a great day - yes it was and the last game was probably one of the most fun/interesting airsoft games i've played - i can tell that a lot of people there really know their stuff... i mean really really know their stuff...

We would like to thank all that came to our first Mil-Sim event and made it such a success especialy the team,s that came. The last game was pure mental and the best fun I have seen at G-TAC in some time. The best has got to have been Podge taking a leap and roll into the tyre fort to capture the remaing flag. It was epic. But hey Podge, you forgot to fix the fort befor you left:D

The weather, what can I say. The G-TAC Anti Rain Dance (G-ARD) worked once again. Not a drop of rain dropped all day and man was it warm.

Once again, a big thanks.
    Martin, Evelyn, Sean, Garoid and Jenny.

Sorry for the bail, lift fell through.

Hope to get the nam kit dirty again there soon :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement