Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full A Licence

Options
  • 11-05-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Does a Full A Licence grant you a full M licence? i got my full this morning and i ticked the box for M but it wasnt put on it. My mate got the same when he applyed for he altho he thought that he mightnt of ticked it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

yeah i knew that, just going to have to have stern words with them when i go to get my D and D1 put on it! its just a bit odd why they just didnt do it in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

ah it does yeah i wanted a full full licence! but its only for the look!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A bit off topic but do you know the definitive rules regarding the 'W' category?

Whan I renewed my licence on the last occasion, the 'W' was dropped. I didn't think anything of it as I presumed that I was covered under the 'B'. A few years ago, I was driving a very large, awkward and slow crop picker in north Dublin when I was stopped by a Garda. He requested to see my licence and remarked that 'W' wasn't on it. I said that it was covered automatically under the 'B' but he said that it must be actually printed on the licence. My MTO seemed a bit unsure but they added it for me anyway.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Putting aside the Micra, a 16 year old with a category W Learner Permit and no driving experience is legally entitled to drive large and cumbersome work vehicles on public roads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Adam Selene

Don't be dissing Micra drivers, right.

Mine has racing stripes, takes at least 3 seconds off of the 0-60 (says so in me physics book).

Advertisement