Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genealogy sub-forum

Options
  • 11-05-2009 1:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed a lot of requests in here for help in searching for Irish ancestry.

What would people think of having a separate forum? Even having a couple of stickys with the pertinent general information could help. I'd be willing to help write them.

Pinky

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Forum requests are handeled here.

Inteserting idea. You'll have to show though how a new forum would make things better for the board and the users.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Do you mean give specific examples or just in general?

I was thinking that if there was a board or a sub-forum from the history board with specific emphasis on genealogy, people asking questions might get be able to get more particular help with problem areas.

Stickies would go a long way towards this: eg: a post on how to go about researching for a complete beginner and then other posts on more broken down areas (eg: parish records, census). A post warning about the costs involved in using private research firms would be useful too.

I did find the Sys board but I wasn't sure if I could just go ahead and suggest there.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Yep. you can go ahead and post it there but a post here to get other's opinion isn't a bad idea. Even if all the mods from this forum were against it there's no harm in asking in Sys all the same.

I think all you need to do is copy and paste your second post in this thread into the request. :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I've copied this thread to the Forums forum.

For those that haven't already spotted..this forum has been approved :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1288

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Thanks - I had totally missed this!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement