Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire One - €199

Options
  • 11-05-2009 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Havey Normans - Carrickmines.

1GB RAM, 160GB HD, Usual Atom 270 (1.6Ghz), 3 Cell battery. Windows XP Home. This is reduced from 349.00 to 199.00.

Bargin?? I think so.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,061 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Super price, I bought a refurb one of Dabs.ie a few weeks ago for a similar price. Very happy with it, great price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

This is a good find. I just paid just under 185 inc delivery for a Linux refurb. with a 120 gig drive from dabs.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How does this compare to online prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

that was 299 for xp yesterday in Airside
    199 for the linux one.

is it a special offer for all branches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Don't know about other branches, but I was surprised this version was this price! Well worth it in my opinion.

Hope it's good for others.
    Cheerio

• Advertisement

will try limerick..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,061 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

samih wrote: »
    This is a good find. I just paid just under 185 inc delivery for a Linux refurb. with a 120 gig drive from dabs.ie.

If you just bought it for that price it means you bought a refurb one that was returned a second time I think( Bought by someone as a refurb, returned by them, and sold by dabs again).

There website is a bit confusing when it comes to used stock. But im pretty sure 1GB/120GB Linux is €189 + postage for a "new" refurb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Just looking on Dabs there now. Could anyone tell me if this laptop is actually a bargain or is this price because its no use. Looking to pick up for my mum just for internet, office etc.....

http://www.dabs.ie/products/acer-refurb-aoa150-bb-atom-1-120-xph-blue-5DJZ.html?refs=46460000-4294963687

Not in Limerick anyway,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

rang them there a min ago and they said its 249 for the 120gb linux its 199 for the 8gb storage one. And 300 for the xp version.

• Advertisement

Makes Carrickmines a great bargin then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Just back from Carrickmines. They are selling the 120GB Linux version for €199. They have two left, 1 blue, 1 white. They have 3 more due in before the end of the week (white) and will be sold at €199 if they are in before the offer ends at the end of the week.

Picked up one - thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

can someone confirm this. Are they selling the XP version for 200 or 300?

It was the XP Home one as of 5:45pm yesterday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Might have been a clearance price on the OPs one or they got lucky.

Seems like HN are only selling the 120Gb Linux version for €199.

The current Aspire One is being replaced by a newer model with an Atom 280 processor.

Anyone buying the Linux 120Gb model should be able to put Windows 7 RC1 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

Just looking on Dabs there now. Could anyone tell me if this laptop is actually a bargain or is this price because its no use. Looking to pick up for my mum just for internet, office etc.....

http://www.dabs.ie/products/acer-refurb-aoa150-bb-atom-1-120-xph-blue-5DJZ.html?refs=46460000-4294963687

these small laptops / netbooks dont have dvd drives in them, apart from that they are fine.
    that one you have linked to is a refurb, which means it is not new.
    will be almost new(sometimes perfect) and was probably repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

If you just bought it for that price it means you bought a refurb one that was returned a second time I think( Bought by someone as a refurb, returned by them, and sold by dabs again).

There website is a bit confusing when it comes to used stock. But im pretty sure 1GB/120GB Linux is €189 + postage for a "new" refurb

Yeah, it was booted up sometime in March. Can't check the logs as I reinstalled it with Ubuntu almost right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MarthaT

These have really come down in price since I last looked

ipod.gif

Advertisement