Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conversion question

Options
  • 11-05-2009 7:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

hi all,
    have just converted my 02 ford transit to a camper, think i have everything right..height..gas cooker..bed ect, anyway i now want to have it registered and taxed as a camper,can anyone tel lme what will that cost? will i have to pay duty? dose it have to be weighed ect, thankfull for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

At a guess vrt will probably be 13% of approx €15000. Take it to your local vehicle registration office and they'll decide if it needs to be weighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

No expert here, but if it's not being imported why would it be subject to VRT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

loobylou wrote: »
    No expert here, but if it's not being imported why would it be subject to VRT?

Original VRT on a commercial vehicle was approx €50. When converted to Camper then change of use and new VRT fee would apply. Same would apply for example if changing a commercial jeep to a passenger jeep.

Advertisement