Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud over Salthill [C&C]

Options
  • 10-05-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I haven't shared anything here in a while so here's a shot of a dark cloud resting over Salthill (Galway) this evening. C&C welcome as always...

CLICK for Large.
    salthill_cloud_750wide_1.jpg

The above image is a panoramic stitch of 7 vertical images, taken with a Fuji s6500fd. After wrestling with Microsoft ICE I still can't understand why it's giving that step on the horizon on the sea. Any advice? I've tried leveling up all the horizons but it keeps giving me that step.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Have you tried Autostitch? It's free and I've never had any problems with it.

I really like this as a subject for a wide-angle/stitch.

As for C&C, I think you should crop out the black at the top and bottom, you won't lose anything.

Did you shoot RAW? I think if you processed the shots individually before stitching, you might get a bit more detail back around the sun. I find the shot fairly contrasty, though it could be my monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Thanks Grieves, I'll give Autostitch a go. I had the black as I did a curved crop around the jagged stitch border, maybe leaving it white may be better. I left a bit of extra black just to border it top and bottom.

Thanks for the comment!

EDIT: Nope I didn't shoot RAW. I've played around with the sun section alright but I've lost all the detail there unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ya cant figure that step myself. It matches at the bottom?

other than that nice.

it would look better after cropping the curve.

Ok I Autostitched it, HDR'd in Photomatix a bit and warmed it up...

Click for Large;
    autod_2_small.jpg

Autostitch did a nice job but it did loose some of the rocks on the right.

I think there might be a half decent photo in this so if any of you PP wizzards fancy a challenge I'd love to see what you can do! Here's the seven originals, go mad! ;)

Here's some re-crops of the first effort...
    salthill_cloud_restitch1.jpg

salthill_cloud_restitch2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

great pic, gary!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Melty wrote: »
    great pic, gary!

+1, great timing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i love everything about that first pic, even with the imperfection

Advertisement