Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is limerick Hen Friendly??

Options
  • 10-05-2009 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all

Trying to plan a Hen for this Aug and was wondering if Limerick is Hen friendly? There is a group of 20 going on the hen so looking for some advice on pubs and night clubs.

Don't want to end up in a "kiddies" place - we are all between 24 - 29

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Would have to say its very hen friendly.

Regardless of age i think you would have great craic in Nancys, but this will be busy at the weekends, You could try Peter Clohessys too, they have a night club downstairs (the Sinbin)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's alot of great restaurants around (luigi malones, hamptons, cornstore, Texas steakout) and good hotels too (jury's, the strand, the Marriott and if you're on a budget the old quarter lodge is really good and in the centre of the nightlife)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Be careful where you go though, If its a saturday avoid Angel Lane, Trinity rooms and Icon, however if its a Friday them places shouldnt be a problem.

Pub wise you shouldnt have a problem, theres great mixed ages of people in their and 20s and 30s and beyond in plenty of pubs, Nancys, Flannerys come to mind, and theres one or 2 nice ones up OConnel st.

I would definitely plan what clubs and pubs you'll hit though because there are alot kids around on a Saturday night.

wylo wrote: »
    Be careful where you go though, If its a saturday avoid Angel Lane, Trinity rooms and Icon, however if its a Friday them places shouldnt be a problem.

Pub wise you shouldnt have a problem, theres great mixed ages of people in their and 20s and 30s and beyond in plenty of pubs, Nancys, Flannerys come to mind, and theres one or 2 nice ones up OConnel st.

I would definitely plan what clubs and pubs you'll hit though because there are alot kids around on a Saturday night.

What is wrong with Icon on a saturday night? I have seen loads of hen parties there!

Another place is good for hens is Aubars!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I'm hen friendly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

What is wrong with Icon on a saturday night? I have seen loads of hen parties there!

Aubars +1

Icon for a hen? Depends on how much you like scummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

you can have it at my house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Try me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

For your age group I'd have to go for nancy's/clohesseys and then the sin bin. The Sin bin is underground beside clohesseys. You could start out in nancys after your meal, go to clohesseys for a couple before going down stairs....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Dont forget to consider a magician and hypnotist. I can strip too, but believe me you dont want that. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

zuroph wrote: »
    Dont forget to consider a magician and rohypnotist. I can strip too, but believe me you dont want that. :p

FYP:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

the average age is 20/21 down on a saturday night in there, which is ok if thats your thing, the one point she made was she didnt want kids in there, and her crowd are 24+

+1 on the Awbars suggestion though, good for a hen night

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I can only spot one thing constructive about this thread.

Why would Limerick not be hen friendly?

Most places are anti stag parties but certainly not anti hen.

Flannerys on Denmark Street is very hen friendly. Contact the manager Declan for a section upstairs to be reserved for you.

The Icon is one of 3 good nightclubs. The angel lane is one of the newest and best new nightclubs in Limerick. More than hen friendly(subject to sobriety).

There are many more places.

There are many great hotels also. One of the best hotels for Hens is the Absolute hotel because it is central and also has a small spa to scrub away those aches and pains of the night before.

Fear not, Limerick is a great place for hen parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mate had his stag down there. Was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

the_syco wrote: »
    Mate had his stag down there. Was great craic.

Keep on topic please.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Keep on topic please.
    What?:eek: Stags are the male version of hens.

Mate had a stag in Limerick. Was great fun. There's a load of pubs in a section of Limerick (forget the exact area) but I think Nancys was nearby it. You'd have better fun in that area, as you can wander from pub to pub with ease. Saw a few hen posse's wandering around, and I saw no fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Mate had a stag in Limerick. Was great fun. There's a load of pubs in a section of Limerick (forget the exact area) but I think Nancys was nearby it. You'd have better fun in that area, as you can wander from pub to pub with ease. Saw a few hen posse's wandering around, and I saw no fights.

Down by Cornmarket, would have Nancies, Flannery's (x2), Smyths, The Cornmarket Bar, The Cuckoo's Box, Charlie Chaplins, the Office, the Bailey and the Old Quarter fairly near each other.

The clubs the Icon, Angel Lane and Trinity Rooms are near there too.

Yeah Nancy Blakes can be good craic alright.

Do you know Prendo from Leixlip? He lives in Limerick for a few years now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I was on a hen in Limerick.

We went to the cocktail bar in the George hotel to get started and went clubbing afterwards.

The staff in the bar were absolutely brilliant and the cocktails flowing (€7 for very good sized and tasty cocktails-very good price).

They allowed us to put up balloons and party decorations (yes the tackier the better) in a cordoned off area of the bar. We also had some delicious finger food which was very reasonably priced.

They sometime have live music there or else its piped in through over head speakers.

The barman even handcuffed the Hen (ah we brought the handcuffs) and brought her behind the bar to serve pints of guinness! We then went to the Sin Bin which is like 2 minutes walk away and danced and drank our socks off.

Could not recommend the George any higher.

PS: its gotton even better now as they have no opened the "Chocolat" restaurant underneath the George and it was delicious. Honestly, the food was the best Ive had in ages. Early bird is €15.50. We had the steak and it was melt in the mouth. I have a passion for steak-love agentine beef and this was equally as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Down by Cornmarket, would have Nancies, Flannery's (x2), Smyths, The Cornmarket Bar, The Cuckoo's Box, Charlie Chaplins, the Office, the Bailey and the Old Quarter fairly near each other.

The clubs the Icon, Angel Lane and Trinity Rooms are near there too.

Cornmarket is gone I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

sioda wrote: »
    Cornmarket is gone I'm afraid

Can't say I'm too surprised, never really got running right from what I could see. Opening with Aslan was a bad idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Amazo never a truer word spoken :)

Hen wise though Limerick is excellent good pubs clubs and restaraunts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

what went wrong with the cornmarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

what went wrong with the cornmarket?
    terribly laid out, terrible door policy, poor customer service, and a lack of knowing what it wanted to be. was it a live music venue, was it a superpub, was it a late bar? the place didnt give itself a crowd to play to, just got everyone in and took their money, the novelty wore off for all groups pretty damn quickly.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Do you know Prendo from Leixlip? He lives in Limerick for a few years now
    I know one of them. About 5 foot 5, not fat as such, more of a build, and just shy of 30?

I know one of them. About 5 foot 5, not fat as such, more of a build, and just shy of 30?

Wouldn't be him very thin man mid 20s lives in Elm Park, Castytletroy. Used to worked in Dell.

He might know the other guy...........

terribly laid out, terrible door policy, poor customer service, and a lack of knowing what it wanted to be. was it a live music venue, was it a superpub, was it a late bar? the place didnt give itself a crowd to play to, just got everyone in and took their money, the novelty wore off for all groups pretty damn quickly.

Totally agree with that!

The door policy is what led to its ruin i think!

The twins that worked there were cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

LOL, from the title I thought this was going to be a post about keeping chickens in Limerick

• Advertisement
Advertisement