Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Baby is Here!!!

Options
  • 10-05-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

after a long wait my new baby kitten is home!!! i have been waiting for him since his mammy got pregnant, so im thrilled to say he's sound asleep in his new bed. He's a fab ginger tom, (and so far nameless, so if anyonne has any original ideas i love to hear them)

he has been outside since birth, so he has a bit of a cold and runny eyes, but we'll soon take care of that, he's also covered in coal dust but hopefully now that he's indoors he will have a chance to clean himself!!!!

will post pics as soon as i learn how!! (i dont know how to put the pic on the post rather than an address line!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Give him a proper name, my three are called james, jermey and hamond. dont do the fluffys or gizmos or something, give him a good strong boys name. My bros cat is called trevor and my sisters cat is called george!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 marles

I agree go with a nic strong name.
    My guy is called Sean (fada on the "a").
    Have fun with the new arrival,they are the best fun.My guy plays chase around the house with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

marles wrote: »
    I agree go with a nic strong name.
    My guy is called Sean (fada on the "a").
    Have fun with the new arrival,they are the best fun.My guy plays chase around the house with us.

Yay ya named your fella after me lol. press "ctrl-alt and a" together and you will get the fada

Seán :)

@beaushalloe: Join photobucket.com and upload your pictures to there and then post the link they give you. Or you could just attach the pics by clicking "managa attachments" wheny our posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If he's covered in coal dust, rub him down with a warm, damp facecloth - help him clean himself up!

Friend of mine has a ginger tom called Carnage the Cat...

Keep an eye on that cold too - cats transmit the sickies between litters, they don't really get colds from the weather or the outdoors, so he may need some ointment for his eyes and something for the sneezies from the vet. In the meantime, use a clean, lint-free cloth dipped in some warm water to clean his eyes if they're very gummy.

Above all, thoroughly enjoy him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

Jules wrote: »
    my sisters cat is called george!

george is a great name for a cat :)

my friend has a cat named george, who loves to sit on your chest as you sleep. good thing his breath doesn't stink. he's actually a ginger tabby, lovely short, thick and lush fur.

he really is very much like a "george" too.

@ beaushalloe maybe you have to wait a while and see what he's like before you get a name for him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Congrats on the new addition Beaushalloe!
    My ginger fella is called Simba....I like Mufasa as well but the final decision was left to my then 7 yr old who helped hand rear him.
    The next boy to wander my way will be called Senan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Congrats on the new arrival, I'm really fussy with names too, hope you find a good one that suits him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I think Barnaby would be a cool name for a ginger cat :)
    Congrats OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Ahh bless, ye will have such great times!!

My cat is a ginger tom as well, handsome fella. His name is Macca, aptly named after teh fat orange thing on kids tv show "In teh Night Garden". My niece calls him garfiels though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You could call him Jason Orange. Or Horatio Caine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

Ron or Ronald would be a cool name for a ginger cat - after Ronald Weasley, Harry Potter's best mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ciars84

Jules wrote: »
    Give him a proper name, my three are called james, jermey and hamond. dont do the fluffys or gizmos or something, give him a good strong boys name. My bros cat is called trevor and my sisters cat is called george!
    Brilliant names :D:D

Congrats on your new addition, I am not great at suggesting names though!But I will have a think for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

thanks a mil for all the advice and name suggestions, keep them coming, it takes me forever to think of a good name that suits. i was thinking rua, which is similar to the townsland that im in, and its also old irish for red. but dh is not too keen on this he would be happier with bob or somthing!!

he's settling in ok, he's very quiet, and as he is so young he is sleeping rounds of the clock (actually had me worried that he was lethargic, but he ran rings around the kitchen for half an hour then calfed!!

so im thinking he's ok. am cleaning his eyes with sterile water, and have given him some mild homeopathic eye drops that seem to be doing the trick. i will soon be bringing him to the vet as he will need his injections and a good looking over, before i feel truly relaxed with him.

Advertisement