Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blaupunkt illumination

Options
  • 10-05-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Illumination on my blaupunkt head unit stopped working. Is there a diy fix for this problem please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Have all the lights on the stereo stopped working or just some? Are there any other dash lights not working?

Normally, the illumination circuit for the stereo is powered by the vehicles dash light circuit.

What sort of car is the Blaupunkt fitted to?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

crosstownk wrote: »
    Have all the lights on the stereo stopped working or just some? Are there any other dash lights not working?

Normally, the illumination circuit for the stereo is powered by the vehicles dash light circuit.

What sort of car is the Blaupunkt fitted to?

Yep... all the lights on the stereo don't work, all stopped at the same time. All other dash lights are ok.

It's fitted to Pajero and has been working perfectly for a few years.

Sounds like a fault in the stereo. Did the lights on the stereo come on when you turned on the dash lights even if the stereo was off? If so it could be a loose connection at the back of the stereo.

Stereo lights only came on when the unit was powered on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Had the same problem myself. Thought it was a loose wire so removed it and reconnected everything but didn't do any good. A couple of little slaps on the face used to sort it but eventually the illumination just stopped working altogether. Could live with that but then eventually the buttons would stop working occasionally, they'd require a couple of presses to have any effect so I just replaced it.

• Advertisement

so it's off to the shops for a new one then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Unfortunately Blaupunkts have always had a problem with illumination - particularly LED displays. If your stereo has a removable faceplate, ensire all the metal contacts on the faceplate and the stereo are clean and straight.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Unfortunately Blaupunkts have always had a problem with illumination - particularly LED displays. If your stereo has a removable faceplate, ensire all the metal contacts on the faceplate and the stereo are clean and straight.

done.... no improvement though. Thanks for the good suggestion.

Most Blauplunkts have an illumination connection. You could try connect the +12VDC to the ILL connection. You'll need to access the ISO connection at the rear of the unit. If the lights still don't work then it's definitely an internal fault in the stereo.

ILL connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

illumination.

Its often the orange wire IIRC. Although I think it was light blue on a generic brand one I had. Look up the model and it should tell ya

Advertisement