Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Tag Rugby

Options
  • 10-05-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

I see the Kilkenny Tag rugby is starting up again soon. Any one else here play? I entered a team from my work place last year plus a few people I know from the tennis club and we were awful :D

0 wins from 8 was our record last year and we won the wooden spoon! We loved it so much we said we'd do it again this year plus we have the wooden spoon to defend! It helped that we also won the caption competition as well though the prize for which was a crate of Beer. That def eased the pain :)

Does any one else play on a team?

Or if any one is looking to play PM me as I'm sure there'll be space on our team as we always have players missing every week due to travel with work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Beth1978

Hey HG, a couple of us are joining the tag rugby teams this year for the very first time and I don't think there are many of us who've ever played tag rugby before....let alone held a rugby ball!! Am fierce nervous about it but was looking for something fun to do and am hoping this fits the bill. Beware though...we could end up taking that wooden spoon this year!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Im joining a team this year too. Its starting thursday week aparently. Never done it before either so have no idea of the rules. Is it true you cant kick the ball above shoulder height?

As far as I know there's no kicking at all allowed in tag rugby, just throwing. Google it, there's plenty of pages on there with the rules. At least I don't have to worry about my bad kicking....just my bad throwing now! Gulp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Beth1978 wrote: »
    As far as I know there's no kicking at all allowed in tag rugby, just throwing. Google it, there's plenty of pages on there with the rules. At least I don't have to worry about my bad kicking....just my bad throwing now! Gulp!

What teams are you playing on? Our team is called core.

Different tag rugby tournaments have different rules but the one in Kilkenny is no kicking allowed at all. & dont worrying about your throwing just have fun!

Our team has only just been formed, its so new we don't even have a name yet!!! As soon as we get one I'll let you know. Yup, my aim is to definitely have fun....I just didn't really want to make a fool of myself along the way:rolleyes: But I'm all about giving it a go. If you see someone throwing badly HG you'll know its me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Where are the games being played?

Our team has only just been formed, its so new we don't even have a name yet!!! As soon as we get one I'll let you know. Yup, my aim is to definitely have fun....I just didn't really want to make a fool of myself along the way:rolleyes: But I'm all about giving it a go. If you see someone throwing badly HG you'll know its me!

dont worry you wont! we lost all our games last yr so we'll prob end up facing in the play off for the wooden spoon :)

Firetrap wrote: »
    Where are the games being played?

out at the rugby grounds where the local rugby side (Kilkenny railway is it?) play. I've no idea of street names so apologises if above doesn't help you at all!

dont worry you wont! we lost all our games last yr so we'll prob end up facing in the play off for the wooden spoon :)

Hmm, that sounds like a challenge HG!!:) You're on, I'll see you in the play off for the spoon! Who knew I'd be fighting for the worst prize rather than vying for the winners prize!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sooshie

kilkenny musical society have entered a team for this year.....:o im a little nervous as im soooo unfit and dont really have a clue what im doin but heard its the best fun ever and its ok if your crap lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 savvygirl

We've entered a team from where I work for the first time but haven't heard anything back yet as to when it starts. I've tried e-mailing them but no reply. Has anyone had any contact with the organisers?

savvygirl wrote: »
    We've entered a team from where I work for the first time but haven't heard anything back yet as to when it starts. I've tried e-mailing them but no reply. Has anyone had any contact with the organisers?

Yes I think its starting next thursday an optional fun session then the week after its starting for real. I don't think they've actually emailed out that information yet thats just what I've heard from the guy who accepted my entry. Also ask them to add your email address to the mailing list. Have you recieved the email about the leinster game in langtons this saturday? If not then your not on the mailing list if so then your as well informed about the tag rugby as anyone else.

Try contacting them again and ask can they confirm they recieved your entry and that your team is in as well as add you to the mailing list. If you send to both of

kilkennytagrugby@gmail.com
    garybrickell@gmail.com

Garys the guy organising it frm what I can tell and hes who confirmed our team is in I think he may check both email addresses.

Whats your team called or do u mind me asking? if you're still hearing nothing from them by the start of next week pm one of the guys I work with plays rugby out there so I reckon they would be able to get a number for someone

Hmm, that sounds like a challenge HG!!:) You're on, I'll see you in the play off for the spoon! Who knew I'd be fighting for the worst prize rather than vying for the winners prize!

Winner pays for the drinks? :p

sooshie wrote: »
    kilkenny musical society have entered a team for this year.....:o im a little nervous as im soooo unfit and dont really have a clue what im doin but heard its the best fun ever and its ok if your crap lol:D

ah you'll be fine! seriously though dont worry if you do have a bad game or two, we got hammered 42 points to 3 in one game last year (thankfully wasn't the heaviest defeat of all teams either that honour went to another team!) so it can be a bit mismatched but overall its good fun plus from the sounds of it you picked a good year to start as there seems to be a few new teams this year which means your slightly more likely to come up against evenly matched sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

think me and a few of the lads will be playing this year :D

Winner pays for the drinks? :p

You're on HG!!! Its a deal! :)

Advertisement