Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with PT3

Options
  • 10-05-2009 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

I just purchased PT3.

I tried to install it and the follwing appeared..

Attention Windows Vista users

1) That i need to download PostgreSQL
    2) that I need either to install service pack 1

or

An older version of PostgreSQL

It tells me to disable Vista's UAC..........

Now i did both these things, took me hours to download service pack 1 and I also tried to downlaod the older version. However both times at the end of installation it starts to roll back files and says there is a problem.

Does anyone know what to do?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

get HEM???

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

I had the exact same problem, and posted in the pt3 forum and they sorted it out for me within minutes. Here's a link to the thread that helped me. You shouldnt need to install service pack 1 just dl the posgres program seperatly.

http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17673&p=91161&hilit=service+pack+1+vista#p91161

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Lao Lao wrote: »
    get HEM???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

HEM is giving me so much grief compared to PT.
    I cannot get it to connect to DB. I've tried every way, shape and form.
    It says it cannot start it, then it says it has started it, then it says it cannot connect.

I've tried starting it as a svc before hand and turning it off before hand. I've tried uninstalling PT and HEM and Postgresql but still, nothing.

Anyone have any solutions or experienced this kinda thing before? FAQ on HEM site proved to be unhelpful (even though it is a good FAQ)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

HEM is giving me so much grief compared to PT.
    I cannot get it to connect to DB. I've tried every way, shape and form.
    It says it cannot start it, then it says it has started it, then it says it cannot connect.

I've tried starting it as a svc before hand and turning it off before hand. I've tried uninstalling PT and HEM and Postgresql but still, nothing.

Anyone have any solutions or experienced this kinda thing before? FAQ on HEM site proved to be unhelpful (even though it is a good FAQ)

I have seen this problem before on Vista machines. It can happen if your hosts file is not properly configured to point ip 127.0.0.1 to localhost. Basically a recent Microsoft update screwed up the hosts file.

If you have Vista, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open the file called hosts in notepad. There should be 1 (uncommented ie no # at start) line that says
    127.0.0.1 localhost

If this line is not here or is not exactly as above then change it, save the file, reboot and try HEM again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Thanks a million toHex. Works perfectly now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

happy to help out. pm me if u get stuck again.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

HEM and PT3 are both equally annoying but realitively undifficult to set-up.

Overall HEM is a better product though, unless PT3s stability has improved drastically since its inital release.

Advertisement