Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVG 7.5 Problem

Options
  • 10-05-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have AVG 7.5 on my computer and pay their annual licence fee to them for it.

In the last week it will not update my system, the last update was on the 30/04/2009.

An urgent msg keeps coming up that:

Anti Virus:Internal Virus Database is out of date.

I have sent e-mail to AVG/Grisoft but they just refer you back to help on site but all to no avail.

Any suggestions please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 podbabe

AVG 7.5 no longer has the update facility on it since 30/04/2009.

You must upgrade to 8.5 version...... oh well !

Any problems with it, I will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Sin1981

Hi,
    I have just updated to 8.5, and my AVG program still wont' work. It says 'database is outdated' under anti-virus and anti-spyware. The update manager says 'Access is forbidden'.
    Is it true that you can only avail of the AVG free edition for 1 year max? WOuld this be my problem??
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

If you ae using the Free version, remove it and then download the AVG free 8.5 version. That might work

Paddyo

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Sin1981

hello again,
    I've tried that, and no success.
    Any other ideas?
    thanks a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Similar problem here. Hope it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lydabryant

your AVG is old...
    download new version. :cool: