Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google problem

Options
  • 10-05-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Everytime I log on to google it comes on screen for a second and then goes to a "tipsforebayers.com" cannot be found and in the top right hand corner says "error - server not found". I seem to be able to search through other search engines but I miss google. Can anyone offer any help with this as to what it might be.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

You're pc is screwed up. Malware/viruses/spam etc whatever it is its probably redirecting you through another site. Check your hosts file. Run ad-aware/virus scans. Often you can never really get everything off your computer so i'm not being coy when i sugest wiping your hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Sounds like spyware / adware. Have a look at the FAQ thread on the top of the forum for advice on software to help you. Make sure your virus software is up to date and download spybot and adware and run system scans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sounds like a malware alright. Moving this to the Virus Removal forum. Take a look at the "I think I have a virus" thread and run the tools it lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

maybe do a scan with http://www.malwarebytes.org/
    usually pretty good, or hijackthis http://majorgeeks.com/download5554.html good for finding browser hijackers

• Registered Users Posts: 31 troubled1

Thanks for the replies I tried the suggestions on the I think I have a virus thread but doesn't seem to have worked. Can anyone tell me how I clear the whole computer and reinstall from scratch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Be sure to back up any necessary documents. Stick in your windows install cd and it'll guide you through it from there.

Advertisement