Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with memory card in LG phone... please help??

Options
  • 10-05-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was giving out last week about getting an LG Viewty with no stylus, USB connection or computer software... Now there's another problem. I have a Micro SD 2GB memory card in the phone, with pictures and music on it. Everytime I do something like take a picture on the phone, the memory card function and all the files on it disappear from all of the menu options, even the songs I am using as my ringtones disappear and are replaced with default tunes.
    Then, when I turn the phone off and turn it back on again, the memory card is recognised! it's just a pain having to turn the phone on and off again the whole time. I've formatted the memory card and everything else I can think of but nothing seems to work. Any ideas??
    Or is it even the fault of the phone or the memory card?? I'm so sick of messed up phones...

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mobiles & PDAs

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Hi,
    I was giving out last week about getting an LG Viewty with no stylus, USB connection or computer software... Now there's another problem. I have a Micro SD 2GB memory card in the phone, with pictures and music on it. Everytime I do something like take a picture on the phone, the memory card function and all the files on it disappear from all of the menu options, even the songs I am using as my ringtones disappear and are replaced with default tunes.
    Then, when I turn the phone off and turn it back on again, the memory card is recognised! it's just a pain having to turn the phone on and off again the whole time. I've formatted the memory card and everything else I can think of but nothing seems to work. Any ideas??
    Or is it even the fault of the phone or the memory card?? I'm so sick of messed up phones...

Any help appreciated!
    Do you know if the phone is saving the photos to the memory card or onto the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

they're saving to the handset because when i tried to adjust the settings to save to the memory card, it says that there is no external memory, and then to get to my music etc i have to turn the phone off and back on again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Possibly a faulty phone. Could be the memory card be it would point more towards the phone imo

Advertisement