Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

masters in youth and community work in maynooth

Options
  • 09-05-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi everyone...i have an interview for the masters in youth an community work in maynooth next week and was wondering has anyone any tips on what to expect. Would be much appriciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Hi I know this is an old post and I hope you got your place on the masters course. I have applied this year to the undergrad community and youth degree program and just received my letter inviting me to interview.
    Can anyone help me with what to expect? I'm a mature and finding it so hard to get anyone who has done this degree to gain any real life info on it. If anyone has done the interview or been throught the course can they please help me? Any help with the interview etc would really really really help! Thank You :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 magic157

Hi there. UYes it really is an old post, i got the course and am now in the last 8 weeks of a two year masters. the degree course is a new course and the reason you may not have found out any information on it as this is the first year. i would advise to look up values and principles of youth and community work. Towards Standards is extremly useful. http://www.cwc.ie/2010/09/towards-standards/

Also look up the youth websites like, youth.ie and natioanl youth council of ireland, CDYSB, catholic youth care, Irish youth justice as this is where alot of funding is for youth work at the moment.

having an interest in Current debates in the field of youth and community work work to your advantage. For example the issues surrounding community development organisation having cuts to their budgets, having to merge under partnerships etc ( this information can be found online). im sure you have plenty of life experiences that have steered you in the direction of this type of work or you may be working in the field already, interviewers always liek to hear about this as it can be directly related to your values. Remember the reason why you want to do this course such as believing in active participation and working collectively for social change, equality. I could ramble on alot more but i will leave you with that, hope the interview goes well.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Thanks so much for that its a great help to have a notion what to expect. Its all really usefull and I really hope all is going well for you and you get what you want when you finish! Thanks Again
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emie1990

Hi guys,
    I'm after getting my interview for the MA in community and Youth Work in Maynooth for next week. If anyone has any tip or advice on what to expect for both the individual and group interviews I would really appreciate your help.
    Thank you :)

Advertisement