Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

board advice

Options
  • 09-05-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

hows it, im a bit of a surfing noob, only ever been with those massive foam ones, and taking my sisters mini malibu, but im looking to get myself one, not sure what size tho, i was thinking either my own bic mini malibu at 7'3, or the one up from that the 7'9, but wouldnt know which would suit me better, im 6'3 and 12 stone. i also saw a spider murphy 7'4 for €275. any advice welcome, and if anyones selling please post.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

was thinking either my own bic mini malibu at 7'3, or the one up from that the 7'9, but wouldnt know which would suit me better, im 6'3 and 12 stone. i also saw a spider murphy 7'4 for €275.

What? Are ya well in the head man?? Don't you want to actually catch a wave?

Do yourself a big favor and get spider murphy out'a your head especially if you want to catch a wave rather then just sit in its way.
    Get a decent longboard, 9ft minimum thats not too performance orientated. You need to catch waves in order to learn. The s'board will just frustrate & leave you pissed off.
    Don't even think about going short 'till you can catch a wave using your log, throw in a couple of turns and be able to trim it.... and even then forget about it.

And good luck!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

sound, i read a really good article on buying yer first board:

http://tubes.ie/documents/surfboard-buyers-guide.pdf

so think im gonna go for a bic magnum 8'4'' (or too small still? 9ft seems rather big, and i could get up on my sisters 7'3 a year ago) to get me started its big and buyount enough for myself. saw one on ebay for €260 with leash,bag etc with €12 delivery to ireland. unless anyone else is selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

if you were able to get up on the 7' 3" board why not go with one of them?

longshanks wrote: »
    if you were able to get up on the 7' 3" board why not go with one of them?

its been a year and a half like since ive been, so id be fairly rusty, not to mention ive grown about 4 inches and am heavier(thank college for that)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

rg2007 wrote: »
    ive grown about 4 inches

What the heck you eating? Fertiliser sandwiches?

• Advertisement

yeah its probly not as much as 4 inches, but i have grown quite a bit...

anyway i went for a magnum 8'4'' think itll be best for learning and as i want o get better and go for shorter boards.

it was €270 brand new on ebay, with soft board bag, leash, and wax, including delivery to ireland.

Advertisement