Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE help me - Viva Nonno problems!

Options
  • 09-05-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

OK, so I downloaded this Namco System 22 emulator called Viva Nonno, downloaded the roms for it, tried to run a game and it keeps spewing out these error messages and quitting!

The error messages in question are:

Can't open file : "rr1prg-uu.bin"

Can't open file : "rrs1prg-uu.bin"

Can't open file : "rrs1prg-uub.bin"

Can't open file : "rv1prguu.bin"

Can't open file : "rv1prguub.bin"

Can't open file : "rv2prguub.bin"

I have downloaded and re-re-re-re-re-re-downloaded the roms millions of times from thousands of different sites, and every time it just comes up with the same message. I am really angry now as every time I click on a link that says it's the fixed rom files, there's always a 404 error or the site doesn't exist anymore. I have copied the roms to every folder in the viva nonno folder, and am at my wit's end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nixot

Come on people :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't think rom questions or requests are allowed here at all, and i believe its a one way ticket to get you banned.
    But google your question and you should find at least a dozen dedicated forums who deal with this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sounds like you may have the wrong versions of the roms for viva nonno, you may have the mame roms instead...

Open up the rom file and verify the roms that viva nonno says it cant find are actually there...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Fell free to discuss roms and emulators just dont post links to roms:)
    System22 is supported by MAME so you should get either MAME32 or MAMEUI32 to play rave racer. The roms you are downloading have been renamed for mame, thats why they wont won't work with VN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Its been a while since I checked Logie, but I think Viva Nonno still runs that hardware better than mame. It uses 3d acceleration whereas Mame is code only, therefore Nonno runs a lot smoother and much more playable.

I may be wrong its been a while since I ran it however....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I had a go last night and emulation in the latest version of mame isn't great. Best bet op is to rename the roms you've downloaded for viva Nonno.

Advertisement