Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE W705 Issues

Options
  • 09-05-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I upgraded to this phone 10 days ago on 3. For 4 days I loved everything about it. Then it switched itself off and wouldn't turn back on. I'd get as far as the 'Sony Ericsson' screen and then the backlight came on & off intermittently but no further. I rang 3 and they sent me a replacement handset 3 days ago but this morning the exact same thing happened with the new phone!

Has anyone else got this phone and/or had similar problems? I rang 3 again & they've said they'll replace it again but are recommending I choose a different handset (though they swear no-one else has had issues). Really disappointed because the phone had everything I wanted without paying big bucks.

If anyone has any ideas of a way around this I'd be seriously grateful?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try it once more, thats quite strange to happen. Least they were on the ball and replacing it on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

djlucy wrote: »
    I upgraded to this phone 10 days ago on 3. For 4 days I loved everything about it. Then it switched itself off and wouldn't turn back on. I'd get as far as the 'Sony Ericsson' screen and then the backlight came on & off intermittently but no further. I rang 3 and they sent me a replacement handset 3 days ago but this morning the exact same thing happened with the new phone!

Has anyone else got this phone and/or had similar problems? I rang 3 again & they've said they'll replace it again but are recommending I choose a different handset (though they swear no-one else has had issues). Really disappointed because the phone had everything I wanted without paying big bucks.

If anyone has any ideas of a way around this I'd be seriously grateful?

Upgraded to this phone also last week and so ear have had on problems with it. Hope I've not jinxed myself now:-). Had terrible experience with the w910 and was a little weary getting the w705 but thankfully so far its all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

im thinkin of getting one of these in the next week, how's it held up in the long run?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 djlucy

im thinkin of getting one of these in the next week, how's it held up in the long run?

Haven't had any issues with it since I got the latest replacement. Think it was a dodgy memory card that I was trying to use in it. I've just been using the 4GB one that comes with it now and haven't had any problems. For the price 3 charge it's a great phone. The camera's pretty crap on it though - if whoever your taking the photo of isn't completely still it comes out very blurry. I've resorted to just taking videos instead!

Advertisement