Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code 19 on Zen Vision:M ... help :(

Options
  • 09-05-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm on my 3rd Vision:M 30gb, which has been working perfectly for the past two months on Vista Home Basic (no software installed, just WMP11). Last night, out of the blue, the PC failed to "dock" my player when I plugged it in. The Zen turned on but didn't switch to the docking screen, just regular bootup. There seemed to be no recognition of the player on my PC either.

My Zen is listed under Portable Devices in the device manager with the Error Code 19: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

It has the latest firmware, and the PC itself couldn't find a solution to the problem - I tried numerous other USB ports and cables, installed the Creative Software and restarted the Zen but nothing works. Is there any way I can get my player back to normal without wiping all my music?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 StaticLynx

I'm having the same issue and unfortunately do not have the answer, but I do have a little bit more information to add. Atleast for me, it is definitely an issue with the computer, not the device. I connected my Zen to another computer and it recognized it right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It's a problem with the PC registry and not the Zen. Something has corrupted the device in the registry

See if you can roll back to an earlier config
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 loramir

I had the same problem with my Zen MicroPhoto. I finally found a simple solution:

--Go to your computer's Device Manager (with your player plugged in)
    --Find your MP3 player under Portable Devices
    --Right click on your player and click Uninstall
    --Unplug your player from your computer when the uninstall finishes
    --Plug your player back in to your computer
    --Vista will automatically reinstall the driver, and your player should appear in My Computer

I have no idea what causes the players to suddenly quit working, but I'm glad I finally found an easy way to fix it! This worked for me, anyway - I hope it helps you!

Advertisement