Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyper SF2 Anniversary Bootleg PCB

Options
  • 08-05-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering if any of the techies know anything about these boards. I have just recieved one (I knew it was a bootleg by the price), and upon plugging it in theres an issue;

No sounds from player 2 side/CPU Character
    No sounds for any player if the character is chosen from a previous version of sf2
    Partial Round introduction (The word two isnt said in "round 2, fight!")

Its obvious there aresome samples or something missing, so upon opening the pcb, Ive noticed that eeproms 11 and 12 are piggy backed onto each other (these are sound chips afaik), and they are jury rigged by what appears to be a small hex invertor somewhere else on the pcb. Can anyone shed any light?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Most of the Hyper sf2 anniversary Cps2 boards are fake its a shame really. Just like puzzle bobble for the MVS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Have you seen a pic of the original board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah agreed, most of them are fakes - but due to the exhorborant cost of a genuine one (I thought my Alpha 3 was expensive!!) it was the only option I had to complete my board collection.

I havn't seen any pics of an original board, but I surmise its a standard cps2 b board setup (although Id like to see a reference pic anyway especially eeproms 10/11 (sounds)).

Kinetic: Im simply asking for a technical reference, theres nothing illegal about the board at all. Its genuine hardware with decrypted eeproms.

Advertisement